• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How to evolve pokemon like Machoke, Haunter, etc. Alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Has now been confirmed!

First, put up your pokemon in the GTS, your safest bet would be to ask for something like a level 9 and under salamence or empoleon, etc. Things that are impossible.

Next, search the GTS for any pokemon and complete a trade in the GTS. Such as what I did, a bidoof for a starly.

Finally, go back and hit summary, press take out, and it will evolve. The CRUCIAL step is conducting another trade, I have confirmed this in evolving Electabuzz, Machoke, Haunter, Kadabra, and Graveler.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    Hmm, I did something similar, but not the same. When my Machoke got to lvl.30 I put it on the GTS and requested a lvl.30 or higher Machoke. The machoke I got in return was on lvl 38, it evolved, and I even get the traded pokemon experience bonus :3

GrieVelorn

Fire!!
    Years
    I think that what you got was a different machoke alltogether.
    This is going to be so cool now i can evolve stuff without haveing to find some one to let me use there game for it

dringer

trainer of legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2008
    GTS Glitch

OK this glitch is fairly simple. as you all know some pokemon evolve by trading. ie. porygon-prygon2

for this glitch to work first you need to decide which pokemon you wish to evolve. If it is one that also requires an item give it to it now.

Now enter the GTS room and deposit the pokemon.

I suggest you put it up for exchange with something highly unreasonable to ensure no one gets it.

NOW for the HARD part you MUST make a trade over the GTS if you wish you can look for another pokemon that evolves by trade and simply trade for it or just some random thing.

*note*have not tried to see if it is possible to trade to yourself on GTS
    *edit*Has now been tested and it is inconclusive because the searching function is random so it is highly unlikly if even possible to find yourself. But if you do get lucky and find yourself im NOT saying that it won't work or that it will.

then when the trade is complete simply take back the pokemon that you deposited and it SHOULD evolve.

*note2* can also be done to get the add experiance gain you get for it being a traded pokemon

*note3*Have tested to see if trading over the gts is required and it IS

*note4*DOES work on American

*note5*Tested with a Porygon to obtain Porygon2 and will test possiblity to trade with yourself to get same affect

*disclaimer*Be aware that this glitch could be fixed at anytime assuming they have enabled system patching over their wifi network

Last edited:

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
    Hn...My results seem to be different.

I'll tell you the tale of Taliesin, my Kadabra.

Curious to see if this worked, I put him for trade on GTS. Something Error'd and I was booted off. I went back into GTS and Taliesin was up for trade. I did some searching around, did NOT trade anything then left. Then I came back again and took Taliesin out and he EVOLVED...and cloned.

Yes, in my party there are now TWO Taliesins where once there was one. Taliesin the Kadabra and Taliesin the Alakazam. Same fella. Same nature, same base stats. I'm gonna see if I can repeat this with Moebius, my other Kadabra.

Edit: Was unable to repeat this with Moebius...huh...I wonder what happened back there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hn...My results seem to be different.

I'll tell you the tale of Taliesin, my Kadabra.

Curious to see if this worked, I put him for trade on GTS. Something Error'd and I was booted off. I went back into GTS and Taliesin was up for trade. I did some searching around, did NOT trade anything then left. Then I came back again and took Taliesin out and he EVOLVED...and cloned.

Yes, in my party there are now TWO Taliesins where once there was one. Taliesin the Kadabra and Taliesin the Alakazam. Same fella. Same nature, same base stats. I'm gonna see if I can repeat this with Moebius, my other Kadabra.

Edit: Was unable to repeat this with Moebius...huh...I wonder what happened back there.

You got lucky and triggered the cloning glitch. That's what happened.

Anyway...Myzou, this is a pretty neat trick to keep in mind. Nothing that I'd probably use, but I can see it being useful for others.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2007
    onix to stelix isnt working and Idont want to trade with some one over the GTS

(dont feel like getting hacked pokemon or trading with some one whos hacked)

7rial 0F Doom

DelicateTorture of the SoOoUuL
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Ok, it appears that certain pokemon seem to have a time limit they have to be on the GTS for it to work, On the thread on serebii, some people get it to work instantly, others have to wait hours... Hmm... I'll pull out the machoke I put on in another 5 min and see if it worked...

You have to wait 10-20 min.

You need Wi-Fi for it to work? Or just put it in and take it out?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back