• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to follow

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    At the beginning of the game in Fire Red you follow professor Oak to his lab. How can I make a person the character must follow?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    This is pretty simple if you know how to do apply movement scripts. Do you know how to do apply movement scripts? If so, I can walk you through it.

Otherwise, look at this bit from Diego's tutorial:
    kay now, no more sidetracking. Let's look at the movements. Let's look at the script without anything but the applymovements, pause and waitmovements. This leaves us with this:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    applymovement 0x04 @move
    waitmovement 0x0
    applymovement 0xFF @move2
    pause 0x30
    applymovement 0x04 @move3
    applymovement 0xFF @move3
    waitmovement 0x0
    release
    end

#org @move
    #raw 0x62
    #raw 0x12
    #raw 0x12
    #raw 0x12
    #raw 0x12
    #raw 0xFE

#org @move2
    #raw 0x03
    #raw 0xFE

#org @move3
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0xFE
    The first two applymovements are in a completely normal setup.
    ie. applymovement 0xXX @YYYYYY
    waitmovement/pause
    But let's look at the next set of movements. It's set up differently. We have two applymovements before we have some sort of pause. What would happen if I did that? They would both move at the same time. This is sometimes referred to as "follow-me." With a "follow-me", we can use as many applymovements before the pause as we want. This can be useful if we wanted a "group" to walk together. We can have three, four, five, six, or however many you want in a "group". I think that's all there is to the applymovement command.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    At the beginning of the game in Fire Red you follow professor Oak to his lab. How can I make a person the character must follow?

Well, to continue-- Applymovement, applies movement to NPC and to your player.

For your NPC
    Applymovement 0x(Person's event number)

Applymovement 0xFF (FF Is the player itself)

good luck! (:

rom hunter

tongue-tied
    Years
    There are two good script editors - PKSV (a bit older one but has a good tutorial

and some useful in-built scripts) and XSE (newer, more popular,widely used and

comes with list of all scripting commands)

For PKSV:
    -search pksvuiscripting.weebly.com in google
    -go to "PKSV lessons > FireRed/LeafGreen version > movement

For XSE:
    -follow the code snippet given by machomuu
    -you will find the entire tutorial (I call it tutorilla and you will find out why) in community forums- ROM Hacking > Tools,Tutorials & Resources > "Starting out, tutorial directory" by teh panda

Back