• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how to gain event pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    Ok guys, I don't really know how I would get an event pokemon
    So I have a few questions

How to get one?
    Can only one person get that event pokemon?

I posted this mainly coz I want the event torchic when it cmes out

I wasn't sure if I should have posted this here so feel free to move it to where ever it should be

Years
  • How to get one - Go to Gamestop on the date listed on the Pokemon website, and they'll set you up with it there. Totally free, or at least every one I've been to is. Just bring your DS and whatever games you want the Pokemon downloaded onto - I don't know if they're technically supposed to restrict how many games you can get the pokemon on, but I've never been given a problem about getting it on two or three games.

Can only one person get it - Nope. When I went to my first event, I was pretty curious, so I asked the woman how it worked. Pokemon sent the store a copy of the game that had the PC box completely filled with Mews, which was the Pokemon the event was for. I'm pretty sure they do it differently now, but I've been to many, many, many download events, and I've never not gotten my Pokemon.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • As for the gamestop- There are places in the world who dont have Gamestop (like where i live) and if you too are living in a country like that you just create a new game, save it, then exits to the main menu. You go to "mystery gift" and use your Wi-fi connection to download the pokemon from there directly. :) I hope it helps!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Since this is also here and I didn't want to make another thread for it. Here is a question from me and no site states it exactly.

Is the Torchic event for X/Y a Gamestop event or is it a WiFi event that we can get at home?

Also to answer your question, I normally don't go to Gamestop events. So I can't help much. Now it doesn't say exactly, but you might be able to get it from someone here that gets multipul copies of the pokemon. My guess however is that this Torchic will be Wifi and not gamestop or other game stores such as EB Games.

However, I do know how to get the ones at the house. You either have to have a Nintendo Wifi Adapter, which are not really worth the money anymore. Or you have to have a router with a Wifi connect, which in most cases now a days, most routers have WiFi. You could also go to a place that offers free WiFi and get it that way. You just have to set up your WiFi in the WiFi settings. I suggest asking your company, that you get your internet from, about getting a wireless router. If you do that, then you can use the Wifi on computers, smartphones, and game consoles that are wireless. The Nintendo Wifi adapter is restricted to DS's and Wii's. You can also buy a wirless modem at a store such as Wal-Mart, but it becomes a wire fest.

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Ok guys, I don't really know how I would get an event pokemon
    So I have a few questions

How to get one?
    Can only one person get that event pokemon?

I posted this mainly coz I want the event torchic when it cmes out

I wasn't sure if I should have posted this here so feel free to move it to where ever it should be

Event Pokemon are usually distributed at GameStop or Toys R Us. Go there on the date, and you can download said Pokemon with Mystery Gift, and select "Receive via Wireless". Sometimes, the download will be over Wi-Fi rather than at GameStop/Toys R Us, by which then you'd select Mystery Gift from home or any place with a Wi-Fi connection and choose "Receive via Wi-Fi". Try bringing as many games of that Gen as possible to get more than one of the Pokemon. And it's not restricted to one person. Everybody with a Pokemon game can get one.

Can only one person get it - Nope. When I went to my first event, I was pretty curious, so I asked the woman how it worked. Pokemon sent the store a copy of the game that had the PC box completely filled with Mews, which was the Pokemon the event was for. I'm pretty sure they do it differently now, but I've been to many, many, many download events, and I've never not gotten my Pokemon.

The Mew event was the first one I went to as well. They don't do it like this anymore. They actually have a DS in the store with a game card that, when selected from the main menu like a regular game, broadcasts the download. I found this out after fixing one for a Toys R Us in my area that was somehow stuck at the DS main menu. Funny thing is, none of the employees could figure out why it wasn't distributing any Pokemon. xD

Is the Torchic event for X/Y a Gamestop event or is it a WiFi event that we can get at home?

The Torchic event is a Wi-Fi event, according to Serebii's event database.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
  • Event Pokemon are usually distributed at GameStop or Toys R Us. Go there on the date, and you can download said Pokemon with Mystery Gift, and select "Receive via Wireless". Sometimes, the download will be over Wi-Fi rather than at GameStop/Toys R Us, by which then you'd select Mystery Gift from home or any place with a Wi-Fi connection and choose "Receive via Wi-Fi". Try bringing as many games of that Gen as possible to get more than one of the Pokemon. And it's not restricted to one person. Everybody with a Pokemon game can get one.

The Mew event was the first one I went to as well. They don't do it like this anymore. They actually have a DS in the store with a game card that, when selected from the main menu like a regular game, broadcasts the download. I found this out after fixing one for a Toys R Us in my area that was somehow stuck at the DS main menu. Funny thing is, none of the employees could figure out why it wasn't distributing any Pokemon. xD

The Torchic event is a Wi-Fi event, according to Serebii's event database.
    OMFG YES. im so thrilled right now because there arent any Gamestops at Israel....and toys r us are more of a barbie convention.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    Haha I am also glad that the event torchic is wifi, it will be my first event pokemon

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
  • Haha I am also glad that the event torchic is wifi, it will be my first event pokemon

First? haha good for you! Event pokemon are an essential aspect of the game because...well if you dont have a pikcahu who cam fly so whats the point in all of this?!

Also, the feelings about this distribution are quite mixed because it depends on your starter. I for a change will choose Froakie and the torchic will cover up my weaknesses in this game. IDK about you but Litleo looks kinda lame so im not getting him in the near future.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    I always to see a few more pokemon of the same tyoe of the starters before I choose the starter but I'm not going to choose fennekin bcoz I'll have torchic, so its between froakie and chespin

Back