• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How to get a Legendary Guide

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    Hello. I'm going to tell you how to catch the Legendaries, specially interesting because the glitches are going to be removed. Most of you know how to get them, but I think it's an interesting information for PC Newcomers and newbies to the World of Pokémon. OK then, let's get started.

MANAPHY
    This is the special Pokémon in D/P, like Mew, Celebi and Jirachi. For catching Manaphy, you'll need Pokémon Ranger and the special ticket of the 9th movie. You can only get Manaphy from the hands of a Ranger. Maybe you can get Manaphy on a Nintendo Event (Like Moviplaya in Spain) in places where the japanese event (9th movie ticket) can't have been.

You get the Manaphy Egg when in Ranger you make the Rescue the Manaphy Egg mission, that is in Team Go-Go's hands. When you get back the egg, you'll be communicated that Manaphy can't grow in Fiore.

Source and Images (Lol, LVL 1 xDD): https://www.pokemon-safari.com/sitio/perla_diamante_manaphy.shtml

DIARUGA / PARUKIA
    At the moment, the only info I have is that there is a cave with Diaruga and Parukia symbols drawn on its entrance. Soon I'll get more info.

Source and Images: https://www.pokemon-safari.com/sitio/perla_diamante_dialga_palkia.shtml

Updated, credit to Phantom Upheaval.

HEATRUN
    You need to take a both from Kissaki City to the northeast island.
    Once you arrive there, just go north or east to reach Hard Mountain, it's north of route 227.
    Upon your way in Hard Mountain, you team up with trainer who have Claydol, keep going through the mountain until you reach the last room, she'll take item and leaves.
    Go back to Survival Area and talk to her, she's in one of the house, you should be able to find it.
    Return to Hard Mountain(if you remember the last room, that room), Heatrun will be waiting for you.

Lv70 Heatrun
    Scary Face
    Smoke Erupt
    Fire Spin
    Iron Head

He's quite tough, so good luck on catching him.
    My suggestion is, lower his stats as much as possible, and put him to sleep with Yuxie's Yawn.
    Get him down to 1HP with False Swipe, and he's done for.
    I got mine in PokeBall, I suppose you can do it.

REGIGIGAS
    Remember the temple that you can't enter in Kissaki City? Once you have National Dex, you can enter it.
    Bring Regirock, Regice and Registeel with you, you'll find him deep in the temple(he won't fight you if you don't have Regitrio.).

Lv70 Regigigas
    Confuse Ray
    Stomp
    Superpower
    Reminiscent Headbutt

He's at level 70, weaken him as much as possible before his Slow Start worn off.
    Again, Yuxie's Yawn is useful, put him to sleep, damage him and catch him in five turns.

GIRATINA
    The third uber of this generation, he lives inside maze, simply fly to Tobari City and keep going south, it's located on the right.
    I don't remember how did I get to him, just keep wandering around and you'll find him.
    Wild Haunter/Dootakun's level will be higher as you're closer to Giratina, so prepare yourself.

Lv70 Giratina
    Shadow Dive
    Restore Imprison
    Land Power
    Slash

Giratina has one weakness, Normal/Flying Pokemon.
    Simply keep switching between a Pokemon with Intimidate and Mukkuhawk until his attack rate is very low, then send Yuxie to deal with him, put him to sleep.
    Keep on damaging him slowly, once he's in red, spam PokeBall.
    And Giratina is under your command. :P

CRESELIA
    Fly to Mio town, talk to the family in the house near sailor and you'll be told about Full Moon Island.
    Talk to sailor and you'll be taken to Full Moon Island.
    Then talk to Creselia and she'll fly off, leaving you an item named Crescent Feather.
    Her location is random around Shinou just like Emrite, so you may as well prepare for her.

Lv50 Creselia
    Mist
    Aurora Beam
    Future Sight
    Slash

She will always run away no matter what, I have 2 ways for you.

1. Master Ball.
    2. Catch her with other ball, harder but I'll tell you anyway.

Once you encounter with Creselia, send out Gyarados and use Ice Fang, also hope that it freezes her.
    She's frozen, she run away(wtf?).
    Now you've got her frozen, send out any Pokemon with False Swipe, and keep on chasing her.
    Once she has 1 HP, have Wobbuffet as your first Pokemon and spam PokeBall.
    Good luck on this one, and I'm done for now.

Updated, credit to Celebi-.

DIARUGA / PARUKIA
    Atop Tengan Mountains, after doing battle with Team Galaxy grunts, Admins and the Team Galaxy Boss, Diaruga or Parukia depending on your version will have been awakened. After the legendarey trio appear, Diaruga/Parukia's powers will be qwelled but you are capable of fighting it, This is straight after the battle with the Team Galaxy Boss so you dont have the time to heal. It is at Lv. 47

YUKISHII
    After battling and qwelling Diaruga or Parukia, the three legendary Pokemon will be scattered are Shinou. Positioned in Wisdom Lake is the Yellow Pokemon in the trio, Yukishii. You battle him here but he is only here once so be sure to save. It is at Lv. 50.

AGUNUMU
    After battling and qwelling Diaruga or Parukia, the three legendary Pokemon will be scattered are Shinou. Positioned in Aspiration Lake is the Blue Pokemon in the trio, Agunumu. You battle him here but he is only here once so be sure to save. It is at Lv. 50.

EMURITTO
    After battling and qwelling Diaruga or Parukia, the three legendary Pokemon will be scattered are Shinou. Positioned in Trust Lake is the Pink Pokemon in the trio, Emuritto. Once you to battle him, he runs off. This time his location is not registered in your Pokedex but rather in the Map in your Poketch. He will appear randomly in the grass. It is at Lv. 50.

Guide made by: Auron, Phantom Unpheaval, Celebi-. Compiled by Auron.

Last edited:

Bippa

I'M NOT A BEGINNING TRAINER!
    Years
    Well um...you barely have any information; maybe when you get a little more then you can make this. Because now, Manaphy isn't even available and you have nothing for Diaruga/Parukia. Just wait a little while and then create this. It's a good thought though.

Bippa

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    You have heard of SPP right?(If this sounds rude Im sorry) PokeSafari seems behind on this when they usually arent

Celebi-

Ilex Forest Protector
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2006
    Celebi-'s Guide To Legendary Pokemon

Box Design Pokemon!

Diaruga/Parukia

Atop Tengan Mountains, after doing battle with Team Galaxy grunts, Admins and the Team Galaxy Boss, Diaruga or Parukia depending on your version will have been awakened. After the legendarey trio appear, Diaruga/Parukia's powers will be qwelled but you are capable of fighting it, This is straight after the battle with the Team Galaxy Boss so you dont have the time to heal. It is at Lv. 47

Legendary Trio!

Yukishii

After battling and qwelling Diaruga or Parukia, the three legendary Pokemon will be scattered are Shinou. Positioned in Wisdom Lake is the Yellow Pokemon in the trio, Yukishii. You battle him here but he is only here once so be sure to save. It is at Lv. 50

Agunumu​

After battling and qwelling Diaruga or Parukia, the three legendary Pokemon will be scattered are Shinou. Positioned in Aspiration Lake is the Blue Pokemon in the trio, Agunumu. You battle him here but he is only here once so be sure to save. It is at Lv. 50

Emuritto​

After battling and qwelling Diaruga or Parukia, the three legendary Pokemon will be scattered are Shinou. Positioned in Trust Lake is the Pink Pokemon in the trio, Emuritto. Once you to battle him, he runs off. This time his location is not registered in your Pokedex but rather in the Map in your Poketch. He will appear randomly in the grass. It is at Lv. 50

Last edited:

[Phantom Upheaval]

I friggin need new avy and sig
    Years
    I will help, I know how to get a Heatrun, Giratina and Creselia.

Note: You can only obtain them after National Dex.

Heatrun
    You need to take a both from Kissaki City to the northeast island.
    Once you arrive there, just go north or east to reach Hard Mountain, it's north of route 227.
    Upon your way in Hard Mountain, you team up with trainer who have Claydol, keep going through the mountain until you reach the last room, she'll take item and leaves.
    Go back to Survival Area and talk to her, she's in one of the house, you should be able to find it.
    Return to Hard Mountain(if you remember the last room, that room), Heatrun will be waiting for you.

Lv70 Heatrun
    Scary Face
    Smoke Erupt
    Fire Spin
    Iron Head

He's quite tough, so good luck on catching him.
    My suggestion is, lower his stats as much as possible, and put him to sleep with Yuxie's Yawn.
    Get him down to 1HP with False Swipe, and he's done for.
    I got mine in PokeBall, I suppose you can do it.

Regigigas
    Remember the temple that you can't enter in Kissaki City? Once you have National Dex, you can enter it.
    Bring Regirock, Regice and Registeel with you, you'll find him deep in the temple(he won't fight you if you don't have Regitrio.).

Lv70 Regigigas
    Confuse Ray
    Stomp
    Superpower
    Reminiscent Headbutt

He's at level 70, weaken him as much as possible before his Slow Start worn off.
    Again, Yuxie's Yawn is useful, put him to sleep, damage him and catch him in five turns.

Giratina
    The third uber of this generation, he lives inside maze, simply fly to Tobari City and keep going south, it's located on the right.
    I don't remember how did I get to him, just keep wandering around and you'll find him.
    Wild Haunter/Dootakun's level will be higher as you're closer to Giratina, so prepare yourself.

Lv70 Giratina
    Shadow Dive
    Restore Imprison
    Land Power
    Slash

Giratina has one weakness, Normal/Flying Pokemon.
    Simply keep switching between a Pokemon with Intimidate and Mukkuhawk until his attack rate is very low, then send Yuxie to deal with him, put him to sleep.
    Keep on damaging him slowly, once he's in red, spam PokeBall.
    And Giratina is under your command. :P

Creselia
    Fly to Mio town, talk to the family in the house near sailor and you'll be told about Full Moon Island.
    Talk to sailor and you'll be taken to Full Moon Island.
    Then talk to Creselia and she'll fly off, leaving you an item named Crescent Feather.
    Her location is random around Shinou just like Emrite, so you may as well prepare for her.

Lv50 Creselia
    Mist
    Aurora Beam
    Future Sight
    Slash

She will always run away no matter what, I have 2 ways for you.

1. Master Ball.
    2. Catch her with other ball, harder but I'll tell you anyway.

Once you encounter with Creselia, send out Gyarados and use Ice Fang, also hope that it freezes her.
    She's frozen, she run away(wtf?).
    Now you've got her frozen, send out any Pokemon with False Swipe, and keep on chasing her.
    Once she has 1 HP, have Wobbuffet as your first Pokemon and spam PokeBall.
    Good luck on this one, and I'm done for now.

You don't need to use the same Pokemon as I do, anything that can put them to sleep/freeze will do it.

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    i know that there are 4 ways yu can get Diaruga/Parukia.

1. go to an Nintendo event get the special item/Ticket that u use to get to island... battle it and catch it!!!!
    2.use the E4 Gltich
    3.Trade
    4.U Can't

Hope it Helped (exept for no.4 that was just a gag)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    i know that there are 4 ways yu can get Diaruga/Parukia.

1. go to an Nintendo event get the special item/Ticket that u use to get to island... battle it and catch it!!!!
    2.use the E4 Gltich
    3.Trade
    4.U Can't

Hope it Helped (exept for no.4 that was just a gag)

O.O Um...Dialga/Palkia are the cover Legendaries...you know the ones you AUTOMATICALLY FIGHT WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE NEEDED??

Please get your facts straight...

Back