• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How to get TRU Darkrai

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    People, the event is in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Not ENGLAND, FRANCE, BELGIUM, CANADA, AUSTRALIA. Is it too hard to understand? Anyway i got mine.

:16:

The event is also in Puerto Rico. Cool, LA has already gotten their Darkrais. I'm on the East Coast so I still have 4 hr 15 min to go. And could you post some pics?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Sorry, but you DO have to have Mystery Gift Enabled....

The instructions on Pokemon.com specifically say "Turn on your game and select "Mystery Gift" from the main menu"

If you do NOT have mystery gift enabled, you will not have that menu option.

Sorry, TwilightBlade, but I have to agree with this. I remember that there were people at the Manaphy event last year who had yet to unlock Mystery Gift, and it certainly did not unlock automatically.

The event is also in Puerto Rico. Cool, LA has already gotten their Darkrais. I'm on the East Coast so I still have 4 hr 15 min to go. And could you post some pics?

No, they haven't. It isn't even 6:00 in Pacific time (LA's time zone) yet RIGHT NOW, much less when that was posted, so there's no way this person already has a TRU Darkrai.

He is obviously lying.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    No, they haven't. It isn't even 6:00 in Pacific time (LA's time zone) yet RIGHT NOW, much less when that was posted, so there's no way this person already has a TRU Darkrai.

He is obviously lying.

That's a shame, well I'll be sure to put some pics up once I get my hands on it. Unless someone beats me to it first.

Years
    I live an hour away from TRU and will be there till 4pm Eastern, so i'm sure someone will post pictures before i get back. I'll be leaving in about an hour so i'm first in line ;) Hope everyone enjoys their Darkrai!!!!!!!

DSLitegamer1994

look into my eye
    Years
    UGH,people the Darkrai event will ONLY be in USA no where else,not in UK nor Canada,no where else too.If you guys want the darkrai event witch its in US only you guys are going have to get them from people who got them in the US.
    I'am getting 5

Years
    UGH,people the Darkrai event will ONLY be in USA no where else,not in UK nor Canada,no where else too.If you guys want the darkrai event witch its in US only you guys are going have to get them from people who got them in the US.
    I'am getting 5

AND Puerto Rico. The event is available to anyone in the US and Puerto Rico. First available Darkrai will be at 12 noon eastern time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    lol i guess this will explain why this thread went a little quiet this afternoon, everyone is down TRU xD.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    About the Darkrai...can it be shiny? Is that preprogrammed to not be shiny or is it random? i cannot go today but will be going tomorrow! But first I have to clear some of my wonder cards...And I though you can only get 1 Darkrai because even though you may delete your wondercard, doesn't the game same special cards as to make sure people don't abuse it?

wert5679

Returning Trainer
    Years
    Yup! Just got back! Wasn't much people sept for some kids and a dad who came to get Darkrai for himself. Now if you excuse me, I'll like to be training and ownning people with my Darkrai.

Years
    Darkrai can NOT be shiny. I was first in line, got the first 4, none are shiny ;)

Also, I must apologize to Twilightblade. He was correct. you did NOT have to have mystery gift enabled to get this. However... The instructions the TRU employees get are fairly vauge and for someone who does not know how to use a DS or play pokemon, this is not very well explained in the TRU instructions.

1) you may NOT have a game cart in the GBA slot. we found many kids who had carts there.

2) the TRU employee MUST start transmitting the signal BEFORE the DS is turned on. Their instructions say they aren't to transmit until the player is at the "looking for gift over wireless" screen. This is where the problem was last year with manaphy.

3) This sometimes required a restart or two to get to work this way. In one instance, we couldn't get it to work at all and I had to walk the kid thru manually enabling mystery gift.

Again, I apoligize to Twilightblade, and hope my better instructions will help all of us.

Now, for the stats.

Darkrai.
    OT - Alamos
    ID - 05318
    LVL 50
    Pokemon Event
    Apparently had a fateful encounter at lv. 50
    Ability - Bad Dreams
    Holding - Enigma Berry
    Moves - Roar of Time
    Spacial Rend
    Nightmare
    Hypnosis
    In Cherish Ball, With Classic Ribbon.

I have NO IDEA why the OT is Alamos.... but there is the stats. If a Mod would please add this to the event pokemon thread.

Last edited:

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Darkrai can NOT be shiny. I was first in line, got the first 4, none are shiny ;)

Also, I must apologize to Twilightblade. He was correct. you did NOT have to have mystery gift enabled to get this. However... The instructions the TRU employees get are fairly vauge and for someone who does not know how to use a DS or play pokemon, this is not very well explained in the TRU instructions.

1) you may NOT have a game cart in the GBA slot. we found many kids who had carts there.

2) the TRU employee MUST start transmitting the signal BEFORE the DS is turned on. Their instructions say they aren't to transmit until the player is at the "looking for gift over wireless" screen. This is where the problem was last year with manaphy.

3) This sometimes required a restart or two to get to work this way. In one instance, we couldn't get it to work at all and I had to walk the kid thru manually enabling mystery gift.

Again, I apoligize to Twilightblade, and hope my better instructions will help all of us.

Now, for the stats.

Darkrai.
    OT - Alamos
    ID - 05318
    LVL 50
    Ability - Bad Dreams
    Holding - Enigma Berry
    Moves - Roar of Time
    Spacial Rend
    Nightmare
    Hypnosis
    In Cherish Ball, With Classic Ribbon.

I have NO IDEA why the OT is Alamos.... but there is the stats. If a Mod would please add this to the event pokemon thread.

Isn't Alamos the town from the Movie?

Back