• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How to have more than 2 Rivals

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Hi I was thinking of doing a Pokémon Ruby Hack and I wanted to have 4/or 5 rivals. So I was wondering how to add the Rivals/Rival Battles? Please help if you want.

Huy567

The Shadow Feather
    Years
  • I think it's not all that complicated. Since rivals are just scripts that introduce a new character, you
    just have to write a script that has their name in it. They also should have their own overworld sprite.
    Now, if you're talking about having new characters that you get to name, then i think there's a script that takes you to the character naming page and then assigns that name to a variable. Then the scripts for that rival can just use that variable. I have not done actual research into this, but i think
    that's how it works XP (correct me if im wrong)

Back