• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] How to know which person ID to use on Advance Map when adding new items on a map?

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
    Years
    Hey yo!

I'm adding an item in let's say the Victory Road in Pokémon Emerald. For this I have to choose a person ID for this item. How do I know which one to use?

Thanks for your answer!

Since a person ID is essentially a flag, you have to choose a safe flag value. I've read somewhere that flags from 0x200 to 0x2FF are safe (for Fire Red) (But even in this range there are some that are considered "unsafe" like flag 0x266 which checks if the egg is in the day care or not.), but I've opened the base rom to find out which flags were used for certain things like items and static pokemon encounters and used those as well. (Like one item in Viridian City having the person ID of 0x1CD and Zapdos in the Power Plant having the ID of 0x5D despite not being in the range of 0x200 - 0x2FF).

Edit: Forgot to mention that these were the flags for the Fire Red rom that I've read about, don't have much information about flags in Emerald, somehow skipped the part that the victory road was from Emerald.

There is this thread that gets in touch with this subject: https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/330008

Last edited:
    Thanks! I'm on Emerald so I'll dig into it since I've seen person ID's of 4xx and more

Even if you are not using pokeemerald, it can help with questions like these. You can look in include/constants/flags.h to see a list of the flags in the vanilla game. A sizable chunk of them as unused.

Thanks everyone I think I found what I was looking for!

I'm preparing something I hope everyone will love! Stay tuned!

Back