• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Locate Specific Offsets

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2022
    I've made alterations to a Pokemon Emerald rom and need to make a new G3T ini. Only problem is I need the offsets for certain data tables and don't know how to find them. Can someone tell me how to find the starts of the offsets needed. I'd prefer if you told me how to find them on my own so if I make a new game I can do it on my own.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    You can use Advance Offset v3 to generate a .ini file for PGE. After you can open that file and the .ini file for G3T in a .txt editor, find the values you need and copy them over (they have different names for some stuff).

Alternatively you can take the value in the .ini file for the unedited game/game itself, search for it with a hex editor in the unedited game, then go to the same place in the edeited rom.

Last edited:
    Back