• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How to make a forum post layout?

Kombat

Newbie Breeder
Years
  • I want to make a post layout. But i dont know how. Ive looked for Tuts on the internet for hours and havent found anything relevently helpful?
    Can any1 Pm me a tutorial link please?
    Thanks

Kombat

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't know what you mean by "post layout"? :( Could you be more specific or link to an example?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • So CSS?

Do you mean something like this? If so, then visit the CSS thread in Webmasters Discussion

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years

• He wasn't referring to that, as this thread was made 2 days ago and I just now added that to my posts (temporarily.)
    Wow, how did you do that? Is it admin powers?

And yeah, you may need CSS, thats the only thing I could think of when you said "to change the colour of the background" :(

.light

Airplanes in the night sky...
    Years

• Wow, how did you do that? Is it admin powers?

And yeah, you may need CSS, thats the only thing I could think of when you said "to change the colour of the background" :(
    No, you won't " might need css" you'll NEED css, that was not done by the power of an administrator, it's the power of css!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

He wasn't referring to that, as this thread was made 2 days ago and I just now added that to my posts (temporarily.)

Yes, you need to learn CSS and apply those properties to [css="<properties>"][/css] or something like that. I stopped bothering with webpages a long time ago >_>

But no, I think what Ausaudriel did was admin power. I don't find any CSS quoting the post. :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • See Audy, this is why you shouldn't do that. >:( It confuses people.

If you want to do something like this in your posts, you want the CSS tags (which can be found on the BB Code page). There are plenty of tutorial sites out there to help you style it how you want. But be warned that it is... really annoying to do this in every single post. :/

What Ausaudriel has done with his posts is unrelated albeit equally annoying xD.

.light

Airplanes in the night sky...
    Years
  • See Audy, this is why you shouldn't do that. >:( It confuses people.

If you want to do something like this in your posts, you want the CSS tags (which can be found on the BB Code page). There are plenty of tutorial sites out there to help you style it how you want. But be warned that it is... really annoying to do this in every single post. :/

What Ausaudriel has done with his posts is unrelated albeit equally annoying xD.
    Oh well can you pm me about it and explain or post about what it is, I know it is a layout of some sort but it's not css, it's just some wierd trick, usually I like to see what people do, so I click quote on the first post and has all of that css and stuf and I clicked quote on that layouted one and it was just a quote....

Wait, you coded the thing that has the avatar and writing and stuff thats usually on the right buts just all in a box, you coded it just for you didn't you? Now i'm jelious >:( wahhhh..... :(

Last edited:
    Back