• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Make a Good Deck

Castrainer

Banned
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    I was looking trought people's decks here at PC and realized that they need this... Okaye, lets start:

The BIGGEST error that a player can do when building a Deck:
    Too Many Pkmn, Too Many Energy and Not Enough Trainers.

Trainers are basically the game keys: They find the card ya want, they help ya to evolve, they recover yar life, etc...
    Try to look at websites like www.pokeschool.com and www.serebii.net to find the cards ya want.

The Pkmns in a deck:
    Ya need'em, but dun need'em. Ya have to have around 15 Pkmn in a deck, 20 or less energy cards and Trainers, Trainers and Trainers!

Strategy:
    Whats a deck without strategy? Try to combine cards and make "duals".
    Like: Make the oponent poisoned while using a Mirage Stadium to keep him Active (Random Strategy XD)

If ya need help with yar deck, feel free to post here and we will try to help ^ ^

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • You don't really need trainer cards, they aren't essential for a good deck, too many Pok?mon is the problem, and the only problem. And most likely, people will know to have more than 20 of one energy in each deck.
    Stragedy, yes, you need it, not so needed though; Power can overcome stragedy, eg. Your combo against Team magma's Aggron or Team magma's Rhyhorn, bye.
    Back to trainers, probably only a stadium, potions, drawing trainers and healing crap, thats about it, average deck can have those. And another problem:
    TOO MANY EVOLUTIONS, DAMMIT. done.

EDIT: I keep thinking your Kayleigh X.X She use to have female anime characters that is smiling or laughing as an avatar, etc. -_-;

ravenstorture

Banned
    Years
  • 30 energies?!?!?!?!
    20 Pokemon is fine, but a little less is better...
    10 trainers?!?!?!?!

Trainers help you get out what you need faster, help you heal, help you draw, help you defend etc... I currently run 21 trainers. I've always read to play around 27 which I thought was too high, so I stayed with 21.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    PiroMunkie said all: My Decks usually have 25 Trainers 20 Energy and 15 Pkmn.

Minum: Evoluitons are cruel X___x
    And "thnx" to think that Im a Girl XD
    *hits ya with a hammer*
    At least ya tought that Im Kayleigh, and shes cool XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    I like the following for Unlimited:

8-15 Pokemon
    10-18 energy
    27-42 Trainers

and this for Modified:

15-20 Pokemon
    10-18 Energy
    22-35 Trainers

the Trainers are the most important part of any deck, and u can quote me on that.

Tormentedsoul14

lafonte FTW!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2007
    Bullados has it right. In my state winning deck (modified) I have

17 pokemon
    25 trainers
    18 energy

I can help with decks too I like to see diffrent Ideas instead of seeing more STUPID BLAZIKEN DECKS!

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
  • The many decks I made always had exactly 26 energies...Not too many evolutions, and as many trainer cards as I think I'll need. Making a deck is actually very simple, but it can take a long time to make a REALLY good deck (I got my butt kicked once by a kid in Anchorage who had a really great deck that took him 2 years to build)

Tormentedsoul14

lafonte FTW!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2007
    NappyJin[TO] said:
    My decks I make ALWAYS go like this:

18 Pokemon
    20 Energies
    22 Trainers

I only use the Trainers for evolution help and Energy Search of course...

Pahhh searching for energy using energy search is useless. :laugh: Well just energy Search in general is a waste of space. Why put in energy search when you can have bill, oak, oak's research, tv reporter, copycat, and many others.

Back