• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] How to make a NPC to set Pokemon Levels

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    Does anyone have an idea of how to create an npc to set a pokemon to a specific level? This would be a prexisting Pokemon, and it would not necessarily need to learn the moves it would gain by level up for the levels it is skipping.
    Basically I want an npc to insta-level Pokemon to a Gym's Level Cap once that get to the Gym Leader, and then to the previous level cap while they work there way to the next Gym, but I can't figure out how to make a npc just a give a Pokemon levels.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2024
    I have figured it out. There is already a script called pbChangeLevel (used by Rare Candies) that can be used to increase the level of your Pokemon. It uses 4 variables, pkmn,newlevel,scene,checkmoves=true/false. However, I couldn't figure out how to properly define the scene variable for an overworld map, so I created a new script based off this instead. It removes all mention of scene for the script, and only has two variables, pkmn and new level.

Spoiler:

There are 3 major changes to this script from the normal pbLevelUp. One, it doesn't update the scene at all, which means it should not be used in the Pokemon Party Screen, as it won't accurately show your Pokemon leveling up.
    Two, your Pokemon will not learn moves via level up, unless it evolves and the new Pokemon learns a move at that level. I'd recommend pairing it with a Move Relearner.
    Finally, I added the evolution check to proc even if it does not increase in level. This way, even if you are already at the level cap, you can evolve Pokemon who you've either delayed evolution on or have multiple stages.

This may have been a redundant command, but it works.

Back