• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How To: Make a Pokemon for a Tournament Team

Days
    • Age 16
    • He-Him
    • Hoenn
    • Seen Jun 15, 2024
    The process seems Long and Difficult, but once you get the hang of it, making a Pokemon for a competitive team (For ladder, Online Tournaments, Regionals, etc.) Is actually really easy! (Not the Teambuilding itself, that is the hard part but that is NOT what we are talking about today :3)

Today we are going over HOW to make a pokemon for a competitive team.

Lets start with the easy parts, and work our way up. First off, Your Pokemon will need a Held Item, This is the easiest part to do, You can just buy them at Stores in Paldea, Kitikami, and the Blueberry Academy. You will also find them scattered randomly around the map!

Second, You will need to give your Pokemon a Nature.
    How do you give a Pokemon a Nature you might ask? Nature Mints!
    You also may wonder, How DO I find Nature Mints? They are avaliable to Buy all across Paldea. Plus, There are many scattered around the Map, In fact, In my opinion giving a Pokemon a nature is BY FAR the easiest step in the process.

Next you will need to, ugh.. Iv train. I know I hate resetting my game to get the Perfect IV iron bundle as much as the next guy, But to be fair with the Addition of Vitamins, it is now MUCH easier to IV train your Pokemon. (Still VERY annoying tho :p)

Finally, The most annoying part, Changing your Pokemons Tera Type. To do this you must first find 50 TERA SHARDS of a specific type, you can get Tera Shards from participating in Tera Raid Battles, Battling wild terastilized pokemon, and some on the ground. Then, you need to go to the topleft corner of The Normal Type gym In Medali. Speak to this Random Lady. Select th Pokemon you want and BOOM It changes Tera Types. (Btw foranyone Interested In how your Pokemon gets its automatic Tera Type is the game Selects one of the types you have and uses it for your tera type.)

Let me know if this helped In the comments section! If you enjoyed let me know, see yall later :3

Last edited:
    Back