• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How to set up my team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth_MadAboutPokemon

The Ground Type trainer
Years
  • So, I'll be getting X in 2 weeks.. And I have no idea how to set up my story team. I have already made a choice for starters, it'll be Froakie and Charmander. And I really, really want to use Mega Kangaskhan.

Please no spoilers, but some tips on when I can get them and what additions I should make would be helpful.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • This version is very user friendly, dont worry.
    Like in black and white, you will find what you need for the Gyms right in the area before the new city itself (for example, the area beforethe Fighting gymleader's hometown is filled with Flying type pokemon)
    Other than this, just remember to grind a bit every zone because almost every route has a rare (10% or so) pokemon.
    If you are gonna get X i recommend building charizard as your Fly pokemon (X megastone makes attack stronger than Sp. attack ).
    Generally, with the Event Torchic distribution, the game' s been a charm for everyone (no wonder megablaziken is banned in every tournament...)

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    You can get Kangaskhan in the clostrophobib cave right before the second gym. I don't remember where to get the stone for him to mega-evolve though.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • You can get Kangaskhan in the clostrophobib cave right before the second gym. I don't remember where to get the stone for him to mega-evolve though.
    Post-league item, in the same cave, lower-right corner. The mega evolutions that are available in the pregame (before E4) are Gengarite,Venusaurite,Charizardite,Blastoisite,Blazikenite,Aerodactylite, Ampharosite and Lucarite

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back