• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Use RMXP In Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
Years
  • Words cannot express how happy I am right now. This is the first guide I have ever followed that actually works! I am on RMXP right now.

Thanks so much!

Shiny-Cherubi

It sparkles in your mouth!
    Years
  • When I run RMXP on Vista it gives me a lot of errors but I ran around it. First it complained that I didn't have RGSS102E.dll but I did, then I had to install the RTP, and afterwards it gave me an error saying I was using the wrong version, so I opened the project in notepad and changed the version to my current version (1.01) and then after that it still gave me problems so what I did was I opened the Game.ini in notepad and changed the line where it said RGSS102E.dll to RGSS100J.dll
    I always run my older programs on compatibility for WindowsXP service pack 2 and as administrator anyways.
    And now it works a-ok! :D
    The only downside is EVERYTIME I save the project it overwrites the Game.ini and I have to either copy-paste the good one or change it myself so it says RGSS100J.dll in there ^^
    I thought I would share this information since I checked on other forums and a lot of people had similar Vista related problems that I did. I hope this might help some people if they ever wondered, if not, then it's another problem.
    ^^

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • And, if you are using the official English version, why do you need the Japanese .dll file? RGSS102e.dll is the official English .dll file, and is all you should need.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    uh, another solution would be to use the "Run as Administrator" tab.

It always worked for me, and my *legal copy of RMXP.

*My cousin technically purchased it, but he doesn't use it anymore so he gave it to me.

CloudKitteh

Gameboys are MAGICAL!
    Years
  • Thank you so much. My friend did it for me, but it was too complicated. Your tut. has REALLY helped me on this game I am now making.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back