• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Trading Will Destroy Pokemon Go

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016

When they first announced trading I was pretty hyped but now I'm really wishing they won't. All its going to do is make Pokemon Go turn into something like Runescape. There will be thousands upon thousands of bots selling extremely high CP pokemon for $1-$2 because it costs literally nothing to play which in turn will destroy the gameplay value for everyone else. Don't worry everytime you go to a Gym you are going to see 5 Maxed out god tier pokemon.

There has already been posts saying bots can get from level 1-15 in an afternoon, 2-3 days hit level 25. Just imagine how badly that is going to affect the community. I really enjoyed playing Pokemon X & Y, but once Pokemon Bank came in, all the hacked pokemon really destroyed the replay value. Why would you take 3-5 hours to prefect IV breed & EV train a pokemon when you could just get a shiny perfect pokemon in 1-2 minutes?

In the end its most likely going to happen, and once it does the game is going to quickly die.

Years
  • Well cheaters and bot's are definitely going to affect on the game negatively :/ Yet trading is one of the main points in Pokemon (in the main games too). But yeah in a game like GO it might not be a good idea... at the moment the features after completing pokedex is basically none, unless you want to go for the boring gym fights or trying to get as high cp pokemon of each species. That's not fun for me at least. I'd rather enjoy a casual gameplay and more interesting combat system with some strategy involved other than putting a water type against fire type etc...

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    Well cheaters and bot's are definitely going to affect on the game negatively :/ Yet trading is one of the main points in Pokemon (in the main games too). But yeah in a game like GO it might not be a good idea... at the moment the features after completing pokedex is basically none, unless you want to go for the boring gym fights or trying to get as high cp pokemon of each species. That's not fun for me at least. I'd rather enjoy a casual gameplay and more interesting combat system with some strategy involved other than putting a water type against fire type etc...

Yeah also, how is it going to affect your XP? You acquire a new pokemon that you have never caught before and then I'm guessing you wouldn't ever get that 600-1200 XP bonus for first time capture.

If you do get that, then bots will simply trade with each other to reach max level in a matter of hours. It's painfully sad.

Years
  • Yeah also, how is it going to affect your XP? You acquire a new pokemon that you have never caught before and then I'm guessing you wouldn't ever get that 600-1200 XP bonus for first time capture.

If you do get that, then bots will simply trade with each other to reach max level in a matter of hours. It's painfully sad.

Oh right didn't even think about that. Maybe they could remove the xp gain if you obtain the pokemon via trading to prevent that kind of boosting. And pretty much because trading would be optional it wouldn't be a huge deal. Wan't that xp bonus? then don't trade.

Pokemon Go has to do some great changes anyway if they want to keep it around for a long time. I'm already starting to get a bit bored (I think I haven't played at all this week O.o). My pokedex is somewhere around 60 and it's just frustrating when you don't have that much free time to capture 100 Magikarps (which are not that common in my area) in order to get that Gyarados etc..

Years
  • His fix is pretty brilliant, honestly. I just hope Niantic has already thought of this or will listen to reason when it comes time...

Because he's right. I remember that Runescape shit. It was real. lol

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • It only destroys it if you let it in your mind. There will always be cheaters of some sort. I am confused on how some people are near level 30 all ready but it is what it is but I do live near a downtown city. If youre simply trying to catch pokemon it will benefit you greatly and you dont have to pay for it either.

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
  • It only destroys it if you let it in your mind. There will always be cheaters of some sort. I am confused on how some people are near level 30 all ready but it is what it is but I do live near a downtown city. If youre simply trying to catch pokemon it will benefit you greatly and you dont have to pay for it either.

Currently, how people boost to 30 is they save all the pokemon they can, use a lucky egg and evolve them for the max of (30 minutes) the egg. It's genius actually and to the ones that actually do this, captured enough pokemon and candies to evolve 30 minutes worth of pokemon is wild and super affected (hehe). There was a whole article about it posted last week, when someone on reddit shared his findings for level 30 items. Was super cool.

But I defiantly agree about what was posted here, this trading system can literally change this whole game if it's not executed properly and there are any rules implemented. I also hope they ban hackers so this doesn't happen or they make it to where said hackers can't do just that. I now that, if applying for a Pokemon Tournament, they evaluate where you revived your pokemon anyways, so it was hacked and duped you're fuq'd anyways (banned). I guess we will see.

Back