• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would I disable the ESC Menu

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
    Hi all.

Currently, I'm experimenting with a touch screen/mouse layout for my game. How would I disable the regular menu? I don't want to have to delete it, because if I want to go back to the old menu system I could just delete all of my mouse scripts. How would I disable it? Could I require it to have a switch on and never activate the switch? If so, how would I do that?

EDIT----------------------------------------

In addition, how would I make the actual game surrounded by a black border, where the buttons for the new menu would go?
    ----------------------------------------EDIT

Thanks

Pokegod

Last edited:

kvagram

Lead coder, Generation 0
    Years
    Look in Scene_Map
    at line 137

This is where the start-menu is being called when you press X or esc (Input::B).

If you add your switch to the "unless"-test, it should work. (you can add a switch by writing "$game_switches[your_id_here]")

"unless pbMapInterpreterRunning? or $game_system.menu_disabled or $game_player.moving? or {your_condition_here}"

Last edited:
    Back