• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] How would one go about replacing/editing old abilities with new asm routines?

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Basically its easy to follow toutorials on how to add new abilities, but how would one go about repointing old abilities into new asm routines? So that i can replace some of the less useful abilities, with new ones. this is mainly done for randomizer compatibility.

Let me give you an example lets i want to replace stench with regenerator routine that i got off these forums (in emerald), how would i go about doing that? is there some resource or some pointing to the offsets of old abilities
    where i could just go in and repoint it to the new asm insert of regenerator? effectively making stench regenerator? all i can find are just description offsets.

EDIT: Figured it out halfway, in hex alot of abilities uses a string of bytes of 78 (index of ability) 28/29

so for example to replace stench with regenerator i replaced the index for regenerator from whatever the script had it to 01, that made stench have regenerator effect ontop of, going into the stench offset and changing the 01 in the pointer to 00

Last edited:
    Back