• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How would trading work?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    I don't know if it would be possible to patch as the game is saved on the cartridge and adding more data from the outside corrupts the data, which is why Action Replays are usually bad for games. I don't exactly know how the C-gear skin and Pokedex skin things work, but they can't be a major change compared to remotely adding script with new sprites to the game as a whole.

The kyurem forms are gunna be the sequel specific Pokemon. So there will be restrictions like with Platinum/HG/SS with D/P. Also D/P/Pt/HG/SS were during the same story line period so they wouldn't be effected by the time issue that plagues B/W and B2W2

Things like this won't be a problem when GameFreak finally switches over to the 3ds (which games are patchable according to Nintendo who say's theyll start patching 3ds games this summer) I have high hopes for Generation 6.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Things like this won't be a problem when GameFreak finally switches over to the 3ds (which games are patchable according to Nintendo who say's theyll start patching 3ds games this summer) I have high hopes for Generation 6.

That would be interesting. I know the Downloadable games are patchable and updatable, but I never heard about them doing this with their cartridge games. Gen 6 would be very cool if they can do updates like that, but it rises an issue, what would be the point of making new games if they can update? Will they be charging for the patches/updates to handheld games like how the PS3 and Xbox do? If so, that would prolly take away a lot of fan's love for the system.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Didn't they come up with some weird side quest in FR/LG which helped you trade with Ruby and Sapphire, you had to collect two plates which powered some sort of machine? We'll probably just get something like that in B2/W2, with some crazy explanation that isn't going to make sense.
    The Ruby and Sapphire in FR/LG? That's not a bad idea. I have no idea what the items would be in B2/W2, but I assume something to do with Black and White.
    If that's the case, we could see an extra region/set of islands to obtain these items. Unless GF wants us to get them in Unova :c

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    That would be interesting. I know the Downloadable games are patchable and updatable, but I never heard about them doing this with their cartridge games. Gen 6 would be very cool if they can do updates like that, but it rises an issue, what would be the point of making new games if they can update? Will they be charging for the patches/updates to handheld games like how the PS3 and Xbox do? If so, that would prolly take away a lot of fan's love for the system.

Damn bro. You're getting ripped off. I get my xbox/PS3 patches for free. I've never payed for one.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Damn bro. You're getting ripped off. I get my xbox/PS3 patches for free. I've never payed for one.

You get all Call of Duty extended maps free? Pretty sure you don't. Same with add ons which is pretty much what was referred to. Adding to the games usually costs money. Fixing a bug or glitch would be free but still cause issues with the game cartridge.

Years
  • I think some form of 'Trading Capsule' could be an interesting idea. The function would choosing on a screen what you are trading and such, you put your pokeball in there, wait for a couple of seconds and your trade happens.​

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
  • I don't know why there'd have to be a different way of trading from BW to BW2, there aren't going to be new Pokémon in BW2, and the new Kyurem forms could just switch back to its original form if traded to BW. I hope they don't have to come up with a new, confusing method of trade.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    You get all Call of Duty extended maps free? Pretty sure you don't. Same with add ons which is pretty much what was referred to. Adding to the games usually costs money. Fixing a bug or glitch would be free but still cause issues with the game cartridge.

Nope I don't. Why? Because those are DLCs.

Back