• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would your childhood be like if pokemon didnt exist?

Years
    Hehe yeah i could say the same. I remember watching all the TV shows, collecting the cards, playing the video games, even sometimes we played a sort of real roleplay with pokemon, where some kids were trainers and the other were pokemon... we were all just crazy kids :P But i must admit it was damn fun and no one could tell us that we had no imagination!

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Very bleak and meaningless I would have probably just found something else to obsess over.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    So much fun I had playing games with my brother and my friend would never have happened. I remember playing Pokemon so much, and I even had one of those trainer guides. My brother, friend and I would sometimes ride our bikes, pretending that we were riding Pokemon. xD I also had a Raichu stuffed animal (Raichu was my favourite Pokemon back then) and I'd often use it for battling against my brothers Charmander or Pikachu stuffed animal. I wouldn't have those memories if I hadn't grown up with Pokemon.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    There was always Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh to go all crazy for.

Pokemon was probably the most positive obsession I ever had. However, my life would probably live without it.

Years
    Well, if it didnt ever exist, then I wouldnt miss it, because I wouldnt know it existed. Anyways, I had Yugioh as well, so I really wouldnt care XD

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    Wow...if pokemon didn't exist.......

It's very hard to say, since I have quite literally played half of my life into the games. If pokemon didn't exist, I have no idea what would've happened. I know this much: I'd probably have no social life. I would have spent a lot of time doing absolutely nothing if pokemon didn't exist!

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    I would have probably would have grown a mustache:C JK! Idk... I probably would have found another game to freak out about? God I am sure glad it did come to exist though.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Arghhhh don't say that. Honestly that would really suck but then again you would have never known it has existed in the first place.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I guess people would be obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon, or the Power Rangers.

BTW, how are the Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon, and the Power Rangers' fandoms are doing now. I think Pokémon has the strongest fandom. Yu-Gi-Oh!, for example, would never have a strong fandom after the fad phase was over because 4Kids screwed up the dubbing, and made it into a bad kids show. Pokémon was a good kids show, and at least people can become engrossed in the world building and the characters. If you watch Yu-Gi-Oh!, I guess we will now call buzzsaws "Dark Energy Disks."

thadarkcookie

jedi mind
    Years
    lol i dont know hmm that a pretty hard one i would have more money hahaha but naw really it would of suck pokemon is really great im 16 now and i still rember the first game for the gameboy pokemon red and yellow n i had the yellow gameboy c

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    well, I would have gotten bigger into Yu-Gi-Oh, for one. And when I was really little, I would have done more barbie stuff than I did (;

Maybe if you are 5-7, you would be into Barbies. I think Pokémon is for older people.

I wonder if you would get into Yu-Gi-Oh! Females are not into it. I've been to a Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament and there are no females. Of course, in the real competitive Shonen Jump Tournaments > 95% of all the top 16 competitors are males. There is no explicit rule prohibiting females from playing Yu-Gi-Oh! though.

dukecrescentlovevia .

waiting for new laptop ! !
    Years
    mann pokemon is awesome , i already loved it when the tv broadcasted it . .
    without them , i wouldn't how sad my childhood will be , because pokemon trading card game ,
    the toys , mann .. .. i also remember the first card i had , a gengar card . .

Years
    I can't even begin to imagin how different the last 10 years of my life would have been o.o because it's not just Pokemon is it, it's all the decissions made from that.. the forums I became active on.. my drawing.. everything.

As a child though, I guess I just would have had that thing (Pokemon) that gave me something to talk to my classmates about. I've never been a very social person and being a Pokemon fan way back then was something other people were interested in other than me.. I wouldn't have gotten into the cards and wouldn't have run round the playground with one of my friends reciting the Team Rocket motto.. I'd probably have gotten more heavily into Digimon. Maybe.

Back