• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How's my Smeargle?

Ayebaw

Dark Trainer
    Years
    Smeargle@Salac Berry
    Adamant
    252 Speed - 252 Attack
    IVs in defences = 0
    Spore
    Endure
    Endeavor
    Extreamspeed

I got this from a guy on netbattle, who almost swept my entire team with it. Now I do the same to others. How is it?

Matty_Boi

Stop the spam ppl!!!
    Years
    looks like a good moveset for annoying the heck out of people...but how did you get smeargle to learn more than one move? sketch makes it so you get one move..

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    It learns sketch . . . 9 times, I think?

Yeah, VERY nice moveset. I'd get impatient fighting that thing. XD

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    torkoal_7 said:
    I must say that it's a very good moveset. You're very lucky. First you use Endure, then Spore, after that Endeavor, and the enemy has lost because of Extremespeed, right? I rate it 10/10!

*Feels kind of silly asking about this* Um... exactly why does extremespeed take out the enemy? I think I understand why spore is there... it'll put the enemy to sleep, right? I think Endure will ensure that you're alive if they manage to hit you... and Endeavor is stronger if you have low health, right? Or is it for status conditions? But anyway, I don't remember what extremespeed does... 6_9 Anyone care to lay it out for me? I'd be much obliged. :P

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    Shuko said:
    *Feels kind of silly asking about this* Um... exactly why does extremespeed take out the enemy? I think I understand why spore is there... it'll put the enemy to sleep, right? I think Endure will ensure that you're alive if they manage to hit you... and Endeavor is stronger if you have low health, right? Or is it for status conditions? But anyway, I don't remember what extremespeed does... 6_9 Anyone care to lay it out for me? I'd be much obliged. :P

The opponent will probably attack you (hopefully with a strong attack), right? Well, endure will ensure, that you will survive with at least 1 HP. Then, you use Spore quickly, to put the opponent to sleep! Then, with Endeavor, the opponent pokemon's HP will be reduced to the same amount as the HP the attack's user currently has. And because Extremespeed always hits first, the opponent will faint for sure. It's a very good strategy I think. It has only two risks: Encountering ghost types (but then you'll switch out, hopefully it won't be your last pokemon...) and if the opponent uses Quick Attack/Mach Punch/Extremespeed when you're about to use Spore cause 252 is a high speed stat and probably you won't be taken out by any pokemon that fast to hit first without any first-hit-attack.

Ayebaw

Dark Trainer
    Years
    This is for Netbattle, for those wondering about sketch or something. And also, ghost types are an ultimate counter. Sometimes I come across an Arcanine with Extreame speed or something like that...but mostly it works. Also, Forretress seems to be able to survive the extreamespeeed, so it won't really work on a Forretress with leftovers.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    this smeragle gets 2HKO by my pikachu. volt tackle, then quick attack..... :S not very impressive... i mean really, berry/endeaver don't always work. most ppl have pokemon for berry abusers, like tyranitar which are quite OU.

it's a nice strategy that can work.. when you're lucky. a balanced team beats it easily tho.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Ayebaw said:
    This is for Netbattle, for those wondering about sketch or something. And also, ghost types are an ultimate counter. Sometimes I come across an Arcanine with Extreame speed or something like that...but mostly it works. Also, Forretress seems to be able to survive the extreamespeeed, so it won't really work on a Forretress with leftovers.

not really dude. a arcanine can OHKO gengar with any fire attack like overheat/heatwave/flamethrower because gengar has such low special defense. yeah extreme speed doesn't hurt gengar, but a good arcanine will have a sp.att. it's also got enough defense to survive any kind of attack from gengar(usually tbolt) except destiny bond :P hence gengar is not a good counter for arcanines.

same goes for forretress actually.. fire attack kills it. :S i find the best way to beat extreme speed is to simply not let them set up, let it be howl, leichi, curse, endeaver, or whatever.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    if your opponent switches out on the spore then this strategy with only kill 1 pokemon =/

Smeargle_boy

The king of smeargles!
    Years
    PERFECTO!

If you catch two more Smeargles, then try theese:

DEFENSIVE Smeargle:
    Leftovers
    Impish
    Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP, 129 Def, 129 SD
    Moves:
    Mean Look
    Perish Song
    Protect
    Detect

OFFENSIVE Smeargle:
    Leftovers
    Impish
    Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP, 129 Def, 129 SD
    Moves:
    Spore
    Lock On
    Sheer Cold/Fissure
    Horn Drill/Guillotine

Both movsets of of https://dynamic.gamespy.com/~psypoke/dex/movesets.php?id=235

Try them out!

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    That's a very good Smeargle I got beaten by one just like that in Netbattle too.

Giga

hates you
    Years
    The best thing you can do with smeargle is in baton pass chains. Smart people would switch out of a spore to something faster then smeargle.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Smeargle pretty much sucks. Just avoid it and you will be better off. Its only good for breeding anyway.

If you must use one, use a scope/OHKO combo. Maybe add Agility and Amnesia/Iron Defense.

Lock On/Mind Reader
    Sheer Cold/Fissure/Guillotine/Horn Drill
    Agility
    Amnesia/Iron Defense

Im no smeargle expert though.

Last edited:

Giga

hates you
    Years
    In netbattle it can do pretty good if put in against slower pokemon. It is almost always used in BP teams.

Years
    or they can switch out after u spore
    so they switch the turn u use endeavor, then of course, extreme speed and kill that 1, but then they can send out another pokemon, and u only get 1 turn b4 it hits u, so u endeavor on that pokemon, it kill smeargle and the end of that combo. but still good i guess, since u kill 1 guaranteed, spore 1 guaranteed, and lower opponen'ts pokemon to 1 life. 1 problem, ninjask is always faster than smeargle, even after salac berry, same w/electrode max speed.
    btw max attack evs incase they have leftovers, give it max speed nature/evs, otherwise jolteon, and aerodactyl can also outspeed it, even after salac activates. what u need to do is set its speed to 264 so when salac actiates u get 396, just above jolt/aero's speed, and then u have a few leftover evs. for smeargle it has 9 leftover evs. so have speed nature on, then put evs into speed till 264 speed on smeargle, then the 252 evs into attack, and rest into hp/defense for quick attackers/mach punchers, extreme speeders, fake-out etc.
    OBIOUSLY,at 1 life, def/hp wont make a difference, but if some machpunches u the turn u are gonna spore them, then u need to survive that

Last edited:
    Back