• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How's your pokedex looking right now?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    ^ For some unknown reason, Chamander is more elusive than the other 2 starters. I don't have any general idea on its usual spawn location.

Years
    I'm sitting at 91/91 right now, though I'm within a dozen candies of leveling up 7 different Pokemon for new evolutions, so hopefully I'll be at least 98/98 by this time next week.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    69/71 but I've got the candies to evolve four new Pokémon. Just waiting 'til I have enough fodder for a Lucky Egg spree. Plus, I should be in a position to catch a Jynx or three this weekend.

The two that got away are Wartortle and Voltorb.

All things considered, I'm not doing too badly. I generally only play when walking my dog, and that only nets me the basics, with the rare Oddish or Horsea. Everything else has come from eggs.

Years
    Seen 131 Caught 131

Need:
    Venusaur
    Blastoise
    Charizard
    Dragonite
    Omastar
    Kabutops
    Snorlax
    Lapras
    Electrode
    Muk
    Aerodactyl
    and the region exclusives
    Kangaskhan
    Farfetched
    Mr Mime
    Been trying like crazy to hatch these from Eggs, no luck. Probably a myth.
    If so i will never get them as i dont plan to travel to said locations in this lifetime

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I caught and seen around 90 Pokémon. My top Pokémon is a Vaporeon in the 1300s, not powered up. I don't play much, I only do when I have time on weekends as to bike to the park and circle around.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    im just missing the regional and the legendarys (got my regional)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I caught 102 seen 105.
    I'm in the same position as you actually, I only play it when I'm walking home.
    Don't really have friends to play it with

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
    I did have all the available Pokemon until Niantic banned me for no reason. I think it's because I logged in once from home and the next time was somewhere else, far away, and they thought I'd 'jumped' or something. I tried contacting them but it didn't work. I'm giving up until they release new Pokemon. No way am I walking another 60km just to hatch a Kangaskhan.

Years
    Seen: 74
    Caught: 72

So I have all 3 starters and Pikachu now which is nice, but the 2 Pokemon I have seen but not caught are Clefable and Nidoqueen. I was catching a Clefable in an area with sketchy service, and the game froze... no Clefable. About 10 minutes later a Nidoqueen spawned but fled after 2 balls.
    My best catch so far is a CP 32 Nidoking (I play to catch them all, not to really to fight)
    I'm only 20 candies away from getting a Golem, which will be pretty hype.

Adore

Party.
    Years
    112 caught out of 113 seen. The only one I'm missing is Weezing because I saw a wild one that ran away after I wasted ~30 Pokeballs on it.

At this point most of the Pokemon I need are final evolutions like Charizard and some rares like Lickitung. The evolutions are going to take some time, but that's fine; I'm not rushing to complete my Pokedex. Hopefully the buddy system speeds things up a bit, though. The rare Pokemon might be more challenging, but luckily there are spots near me where they like to spawn. Now it's just a matter of getting some free time to go over there and catch them.

Years
    Just a little update on my Pokedex progress, I've caught 81 and seen 82. The one that got away was a Scyther that froze my game :/

It's not the best but my rural location really isn't the best for new Pokemon, I have to go to my nearest city to find anything new now and it's been that way for a while :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    I'm at 109/109 at the moment. I finally evened up my caught/seen when I caught a Snorlax about a week ago.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    seen 128, caught/hatched 127. the one that ran away was a lickitung. ready to evolve an ivysaur and a wartortle but waiting for the lucky egg time which should be coming in a couple of days to level up to 29.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Seen and caught 119. Was trying to list out my needs before I realized how long my list was. I need a lot of pokemon haha

Will be in New York this weekend so I'm hoping to make lots of progress!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    It's now 86/86. I got Diglett and evolved Geodude into Graveler.

It will be 87/87, I only need to walk 1.5km until I get my 4th Ponyta candy I needed and can evolve it into Rapidash.

Here's a list of Pokémon I need and how many candies I have for it.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Caught over Seen stats as of today = 108 / 108 (essentially 109 because I am holding out on Magikarp and Gyarados because of the grind I had collecting 496 candies-to-date).

UPDATE; 124 / 124 (essentially 127 as I am holding out on Charmeleon, Nidoking and Gengar)

Still far away from completing available Dex entries so on the side, I have been slowly replacing my previous evolutions with better pokemon IVs or more decent move sets.

Back