• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hrm?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Hrm?
    Hrm?
    Hrm?
    Hrm?
    Hrm?
    Hrm?

After my last team couldnt even break top 10, hell it couldnt even make top 25, I decided a new team was in order. So, I tried an offensive team and in the end just reverted back to stall, because in reality those are the best teams to ladder with.

Hrm?

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Jolly
    Sand Veil

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Taunt
    UTurn
    Earthquake
    Roost

Gliscor remains a great way to start off any match. Taunt prevents bulkier leads from setting up and Uturn allows Gliscor to escape from Azelf and Aerodactyl allowing their Sashes to break, meaning I can quickly remove them with Jirachi. Taunt is an amazing asset to any team, it allows me to stop other stall teams from setting up and recovering. Single handely with Taunt, Gliscor beats standard Skarm, Hippowdon and Ice Fangless Bliss as well as standard ResTalk Rotom, completely shutting them all down. Gliscor remains my best answer to Lucario as well as checking Tyranitar. Uturn can also catch Latias and Celebi that always seem to switchin to Gliscor greatly hampering them, doing over half to defensive Celebi. Eventually I got tired of running 216 Spe, so I upped that up more, but I was still losing to other Taunt Gliscor. Finally I just decided to run max.

Hrm?

Forretress @ Shed Shell
    Impish
    Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 48 Defense / 208 Special Defense

Toxic Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Payback
    Rapid Spin

Entry hazards guy. EVs ripped straight from Blue Harvest. Allows Swampert to never 4HKO and Lead Mamo to always 4HKO. I have never really liked Forretress as a spiker, but he seems to be doing ok so far. Shed Shell escapes Magnezone who can be a right pain. Specially Defensive Forry sets up on most Latias which is nice as well as HP Fire-less Celebi. Vaporeon cant 2HKO either. I guess Payback hits Latias as well as the Rotom switchins that try to spinblock. After Forretress has done his job he is usually fodder as he doesnt exactly do much when he has lain the hazards. Stealth Rock keeps Mence and Gyarados at bay. Toxic Spikes works brilliantly with Gliscor as well as making Rotoms job a lot easier.

Hrm?

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Natural Cure

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 SpDef

Shadow Ball
    Seismic Toss
    Toxic
    Softboiled

Yes, I run Bold Bliss and Shadow Ball. I felt Blissey already took special attacks well enough and even though I gain an extra 35 SpDef EVs from running Calm, I have found Bold more useful. Bold allows Blissey to always beat MixPert and ScarfGon provided I have taken no prior damage. Obviously Blissey isnt my first switchin into Flygon, but on my previous team there were a number of times where it came down to Blissey vs. Flygon and I managed to pull through. Shadow Ball means I am not completely creamed by SubCharge Rotom who can be a tremendous pain. Shadow Ball also allows Blissey to beat ResTalk Rotom as well as catching random Starmie switchins. Wish was not needed on Blissey as Vaporeon already does a good job at providing Wish support. Toxic allows Blissey to beat CM Latias, Swampert and many others 1v1. A better EV spread would be nice, although I dont really see the point.

Hrm?

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    Serene Grace

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Iron Head
    Fire Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Trick

Jirachi holds my team together horribly well. If one pokemon gets horribly out of control, Jirachi can be relied on to switchin and flinch them to death or put them in their place with a super effective hit. Jirachi is my secondary Lucario check in case Gliscor is removed. It can beat +1 Gyara should both Vaporeon and Rotom fall. It takes on Swords dance Scizor and revenges random Mamoswine. On top of this it ties with +1 Salamence so I can take DDMence on to an extent. I prefer Trick over UTurn or Ice Punch for a few reasons. Ice Punch is really used to remove Mence and to a lesser extent Gliscor. Mence takes 60%ish from an Iron Head and will most likely flinch so it isnt a problem. Trick also stops endgame sweeps, CroCune and Snorlax being classic examples should they break through my defences.

Hrm?

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Water Absorb

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk

Surf
    HP Electric
    Wish
    Protect

3 other members on my team enjoy Wish support (Forretress / Jirachi / Rotom) and Vaporeon is able to supply that. Forretress and Jirachi can come in on any grass attacks aimed at Vaporeon and Rotom can come in on random electric attacks, not that that is very important. Vaporeon checks Infernape and makes an ideal switchin to Gyarados. Vaporeon can take on Heatran relatively well and unfortunately provides my only water and fire resists, though any special water and fire attacks will not be getting through Blissey. 68 Spe is absolutely pointless on Vaporeon as I do not see the point in outrunning Blissey and the extra HP allows Vaporeon to switch into Grass Knots and Close Combats easier.

Hrm?

Rotom @ Leftovers
    Timid
    Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpAtk / 180 Spe

Substitute
    Will-o-wisp
    Charge Beam
    Shadow Ball

Psuedo SubCharge Rotom takes on many offensive threats. It is a great switchin for Mamoswine and EVire as well as taking on Gyarados and Scizor well. I chose Will-o-wisp so I can hit Tar and beat Scizor at the same time without needing HP Fighting and Overheat. Will-o-wisp also shuts down Flygon. With Toxic Spikes up, this thing can be a pain to stop setting up on more standard special walls such as Blissey and Snorlax. As you can see, I am using a defensive set as this is only meant to sweep if I need it to. The EVs outrun Max Speed Heatran although I am considering pumping it up to outrun Max Mamo and Adamant Lucario although I will lose some defensive capabilities. I guess it cleans up lategame as well and can hit quite hard after a few Charge Beam boosts. Cut form scares off Pert as I cannot set up on it.

Sorry I couldnt put more effort into this RMT

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you need Shadow Ball and S-Toss on Blissey ? I mean because you could easily place Stealth Rock over one and use Spikes on Forry that way you get all the hazards out. That and Payback Forry owns sub + charge beam Rotom. S-Toss beats like Heatran, Emp etc who are covered well by Vap, so yeah. I'd ditch S-Toss for Stealth Rock on Blissey.

Next, you lack a PHazer which with all the Hazards you are abusing is actually a crime to pass up, and i mean you have so much Gyarados (really Rotom + Trick is enough to shut that down lol) coverage its insane. Id seriously consider Roar >> Hidden Power Electric on Vaporeon, this also stops random baton passers, its also an immediate stop to slow stat uppers such as cune and lax etc.

Ice Punch would be fantastic on Jira > T-Punch because as said Trick, SR + Rotom does MORE than enough to beat Gyarados, this is coming from personal experience. Ice Punch really helps with max speed DD Mence and especially flygon.

Lastly status (sleep) is an utter idiot, id consider making Rotom a Stalker (Reflect/Rest/Discharge/STalk works, you can use W-O-W >> Reflect but i dont fancy my chances getting Pursuited by a poisoned Tar...)

Just a few thoughts here, in general though it looks actually solid. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Do you need Shadow Ball and S-Toss on Blissey ? I mean because you could easily place Stealth Rock over one and use Spikes on Forry that way you get all the hazards out. That and Payback Forry owns sub + charge beam Rotom. S-Toss beats like Heatran, Emp etc who are covered well by Vap, so yeah. I'd ditch S-Toss for Stealth Rock on Blissey.

I understand what you mean, it should be worth testing, but Seismic Toss is just so useful. It means when Scizor comes in, hes taking 40%+ from SR and Seismic Toss. Heatran is covered by Vaporeon, so yeah I will try it out. It also helps Bliss beat SubCMRachi. I also feel Forretress barely manages to get up Rocks and 2 layer of TS a game and it may not have time to set up the 3 layers of Spikes.

Next, you lack a PHazer which with all the Hazards you are abusing is actually a crime to pass up, and i mean you have so much Gyarados (really Rotom + Trick is enough to shut that down lol) coverage its insane. Id seriously consider Roar >> Hidden Power Electric on Vaporeon, this also stops random baton passers, its also an immediate stop to slow stat uppers such as cune and lax etc.

Yeah, Gyarados and Tar and Breloom were the main problems on my last team. I had Skarm, Rotom, Roar Lati and Gliscor, yet I was still Breloom weak. I guess on this team I made sure I had a few different answers to Gyarados and TTar. I probably will end up running Roar on Vaporeon or replacing it entirely for something else. You can see that at the end of this post.

Ice Punch would be fantastic on Jira > T-Punch because as said Trick, SR + Rotom does MORE than enough to beat Gyarados, this is coming from personal experience. Ice Punch really helps with max speed DD Mence and especially flygon.

If I was to replace Vaporeon I would keep Thunderpunch on Jirachi although I really dont like how there is a 20% chance Rotom will lose to Gyarados, and then I have to sacrifice Jirachi to Trick it then bring in Gliscor on the Quake or Vappy on the Waterfall

Lastly status (sleep) is an utter idiot, id consider making Rotom a Stalker (Reflect/Rest/Discharge/STalk works, you can use W-O-W >> Reflect but i dont fancy my chances getting Pursuited by a poisoned Tar...)

Charge Beam Rotom what pretty amazing, but I really do prefer ResTalk. I will make the change and see which works better (Reflect or WoW). I used to always run WoW.

Just a few thoughts here, in general though it looks actually solid. ^^

Thanks

Changes:

If I do revert to ResTalk Rotom, Wish support wont be entirely necessary, so possibly ResTalk Gyara >>> Vaporeon.

Another change was running Forry as a lead as although it is soo Taunt bait, it means Gliscor can run Taunt + Toxic. That does unfortunately leave me open to Azelf leads.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I also feel Forretress barely manages to get up Rocks and 2 layer of TS a game and it may not have time to set up the 3 layers of Spikes.

Precisely why you should spread your entry hazards over 2 pokes.

Really though Spikes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Toxic Spikes if you dont wanna put SR on Bliss. Really though, id try this.

Also you arent Sub CM Jirachi weak so i dont see how hitting that matters (it beats Bliss no matter what it is running), Max Speed Glis owns it and your owns Jira can fire punch it.

Leading with SR bliss is actually pretty sweet since it gets it up first turn really well and they wont attack you first turn and the moves they will use to beat bliss are REALLY predictable second turn, it also lures taunt from crap like azelf and aero which you can then go to Jira on to stop them getting rocks up via hax.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Leading with Bliss sounds fun lol. I know IPL does it. If I run Taunt + Toxic on Gliscor, I will not need Toxic Spikes on Forry and then can make the switch back to Skarmory who I find is a much more reliable spiker and who can phaze.

I may even run Jirachi as a lead as it suchs down Azelf and Aerodactyl as well as possibly forcing bulky leads into switching out in fear of Trick (which I will never use), it makes it kinda Magnezone bait though :/

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Leading with Bliss sounds fun lol. I know IPL does it. If I run Taunt + Toxic on Gliscor, I will not need Toxic Spikes on Forry and then can make the switch back to Skarmory who I find is a much more reliable spiker and who can phaze.

I may even run Jirachi as a lead as it suchs down Azelf and Aerodactyl as well as possibly forcing bulky leads into switching out in fear of Trick (which I will never use), it makes it kinda Magnezone bait though :/

If you do replace forry, you can put a Reflect/Rapid Spin/Surf/Recover Starmie >> Vappy since he can spin for you.

I guess U-Turn is something to be considered if you are leading with Jira, to scout for Zone and give you momentum to get your spikers in decently with the free turns it sometimes grants, but thats up to you really.

Back