• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] HTE not working on a ROM with added dialogue?

Years
    I was working on a FireRed rom that had some new scripts, some dialogue replaced with new dialogue written with XSE and inserted via Advance Map, and also some maps had been lightly edited with Advance Map, but no trainers had been changed. All the new scripts I wrote were past hex 0x800000. I tested it out and things were going great, then I edited some preexisting trainers using HTE and they worked in-game.
    Flash forward one year, I've been busy with other things and kinda dropped the project but now I want to get into it again. Advance Map works great, so does XSE, but not HTE. When I try to open my rom, it says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." At the bottom, it says the problem was "Index was outside the bounds of the array." and then the editor boxes stay blank like they were at first.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what to do? I would like to get HTE to work, although I tried HTE on a fresh rom and confirmed that it works, so it would be tedious, but I guess I *could* in theory just edit a fresh rom so that it's just like my current rom.

Back