• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I bought a crystal. Help needed!

Years
  • I bought a pokemon crystal recently. it can save fine, proof being that when i use the reset command. But, when i turn it off for about 5 seconds, it loses the save. If i pay PlaynTrade (copyright), to replace the battery, will that be fixed?

Years
  • i called the white oak Play N Trade and they confirmed they replace GBC game batteries.

I thought so considering just last week i went in, bought a GBA SP, and saw a poster advertising it.

Last edited:

purplekirby54

Dat Kooby
    Years
  • I've repaired a couple of games in my day, lemme tell ya, Crystal's the hardest to fix. My Crystal game has eaten through 3 batteries somehow. (probably because I dropped it once or twice ^^;)

Things you'll need:
    A very small pair of needle-nose pliers
    The proper battery, a 2025
    A small Flathead screwdriver
    Plenty of Tape, Time, Patience, and Superglue.

You'll notice that crystal has 4 little "dots" on each of the tabs, instead of the 2 that gold and silver have. This is the hard part. Get under the tab, and remove each of those dots. You'll know if it's removed when you hear a small "pop". Be careful NOT to remove either tab. But don't worry if you do. It can be fixed with superglue, but just... be careful.

When all 8 dots on both tabs are removed, carefully install your new battery. Put a dab of glue on the bottom (I use Gorilla brand impact-tough Superglue. Works as well as a soldering iron. DO NOT USE ELMER'S SCHOOL GLUE, THAT'LL RUIN YOUR GAME.) and put your battery in place, holding it there for at least 60 seconds. Don't use your hands, use a tool like your screwdriver or pliers, you don't want to be pulling skin off today. Next, put a dab of glue on the top of the battery, and hold the other tab in place, mimicking what you did on the other tab. Finally, use tape to hold everything together.

If your crystal works now, great! If it doesn't, please please PLEASE don't blame me for it. I simply gave the tutorial!

wildjr

Some Random Dude
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    i called the white oak Play N Trade and they confirmed they replace GBC game batteries.

I thought so considering just last week i went in, bought a GBA SP, and saw a poster advertising it.

WOAHWAITAMINUTE! They still sell GBAs? I've been looking for a charger FOREVER. Looks like I'll finally have one when I come to the US later this year.

I came here (to this thread) wanting to help you, but in the end I guess it turned out with you helping me.

So, yeah, Thank You :)!

Years
  • Nope. It was a beat up, drawn on, used GBA SP. Still $50, even for it's bad condition >_>

they seemed to have more than 1 charger, so they may have one. just ask to buy one. :D

Last edited:

wildjr

Some Random Dude
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Nope. It was a beat up, drawn on, used GBA SP. Still $50, even for it's bad condition >_>

they seemed to have more than 1 charger, so they may have one. just ask to buy one. :D

Okay! Thanks! Now I'm just hoping they have one a couple of months later

Back