• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I cant make a trainer

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Hi guys! I tried to make a trainer with the editor, and when i made him it shows this error when i start the game. Why?

---------------------------

Pokemon Essentials

---------------------------

Exception: RuntimeError

File PBS/trainers.txt, line

Compiler:1421:in `pbCompileTrainers'

Compiler:1414:in `each'

Compiler:1414:in `pbCompileTrainers'

Compiler:1391:in `loop'

Compiler:1527:in `pbCompileTrainers'

Compiler:4046:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4164

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Montse\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

What does it mean and what can i do? I would try to go to the line at the trainers.txt but it does not say any line.. Thanks, and sorry if u have some troubles to understand me, im spanish. Thanks again!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Take a look in your game folder. In the ordner "PBS" you'll find a file named "trainers.txt"

Open that file and check the code, like Rainbow said, the game expects a species (or the number of Pokemon the trainer has).
    This is an example of a trainer:

Code:
    #-------------------
    BIKER
    Trevor
    2,POTION
    HITMONTOP,33,ORANBERRY,TRIPLEKICK,RAPIDSPIN,COUNTER,FEINT
    HERACROSS,33,,BRICKBREAK,COUNTER
    #-------------------
    1. separator line (separates trainers)
    2.TRAINERTYPE (has to be written in capitals)
    3.Trainer's name (whatever you like)
    4.Number of Pokemon the trainer has (If you miss that line or it doesn't fit to the number of Pokemon you create in the next lines, then an error message like yours occurs, same for misspellings.
    5.After the number of Pokemon you can define items (only the common/usual items work so far)
    6.Now the Pokemon the trainer should have (SPECIES(capitals),Level,ITEM Hold,ATTACK1-4)
    Note: You don't have to give the Pokemon an item, leave the field blank and the Pokemon has no item (like Heracross in the example, but make sure you set the comma correctly), furthermore you don't have to give the Pokemon four attacks (I'm not sure, if you can give it more than four, but I don't think so)
    7.Another separator line before the next trainer

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Thanks!! For some reason, when I edited some trainers, the last one of the file bugged and lost some lines. Thanks another time

Back