• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I Could Use some Advice

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    If you enjoyed Red/Blue/Yellow, then yes, definately! It has an improved graphic style, awesome battle graphics and is a gernerally brilliant play. I would definately recommend it; I'm on my second play-through on LeafGreen, and am still enjoying it!

Buono!

Having a Neville week.
    Years
    I've only got leafgreen, and it was fun! :D Not as fun as the originals but..

I can't play it anymore, mr leafgreen met mr washing machine.

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
    YES DEFINATELY but I dont see any need to get BOTH of them unless you have two gameboys so that you could trade. I personally prefer Leafgreen. AWESOME games though.

Elys

RPG Love Fan!
    Years
    Oh yeah, you have to get them, but like Ruby and Zafhire, they have diferent pokemons that doesn't appears in the same game, so, first chech some pages about this both game to see what pokemon show in wich game, just in case you want a certain Pokemon like Elekid, Oddish or Vulpix.
    Watch out on that! But, yes, buy one of them ;)!

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    Before, I thought Fire Red/Leaf Green wasn't worth it as they are just Red/Blue remakes. However, after I got into competitive battling, they are my favourite generation.

Try them out! ;)

Years
    There is little difference between the games, so it mainly depends on which version-exclusive Pokemon you want. For example, if you want a Vulpix, buy LG; if you want a Growlithe, buy FR.

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
    I loved them. I have leafgreen (got it mostly for pal park transfers to Pearl but ended up really enjoying the game as I played through it) and while it's not the same as the original Red or Blue, it was alot of fun. I would most definitely recommend it. The little add-on at the end was great!

Back