• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I don't get it...

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Why do people want Pokemon MMO's or Pokemon Wii adventure with 3D graphics and oh lolz its not on ds itz for wii with gud graphics? I mean Gamefreak specifically made note that neither would be made in the future if not ever. And the 3D graphics. Has gaming gone so low that everything needs to be 3D otherwise it sucks? I dunno I guess I just find things fine no matter how they are but I think its getting a bit ridiculous.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • I think it's because the pokemon would actually be animated. Looking at still sprites fighting is kinda boring...

But the games are still good at least.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2017
    I for one want those things, and its not for the idea that games -must- have 3d graphics to be good. There are good reasons for why I want either:

Pokémon MMO

- I want to be able to play at the same time as my friends from the internet (as my friends irl do not play the games), plus I want to be able to journey with them through the game, kinda Ash'n'co style.
    - Being able to easily chat to friends, or to even roleplay my way through the Pokémon world.
    - And on a lesser note, having a small chance to be able to be able to become one of the best trainers around on a server/the game. So much easier to know how strong you are in such an environment compared to how the gameboy games are (considering how it is with my friends not playing).

A Pokémon Adventure on the Wii

- A Wii game would allow the newer more decent cell shading graphics to be used to create a very enjoyable Pokémon experience. I would absolutely -love- to see a Pokémon Game on the Wii with graphics which look just like the Anime (and it is possible, look at the game Valkyria Chronicles, utterly amazing cell-shaded graphics)
    - The Wii controller would allow some extra fun in the form of mini-games which make use of the special motion controllers, and would allow you to properly throw a pokéball, something I think quite a few of us would love to do!
    - Being able to play it on a console is not a bad thing. though I love the gameboy games I do something find it hard to do so (batteries, screens, looking at something so small and so close for too long), console gaming is easier on my eyes, and more attractive looking. Nothing wrong with wanting something to be more attractive.
    - And on a lesser note, it would allow the MMO stuff to a degree (or even just allowing you to have other people playing the game at the same time as you using another controller). And also, battles would be able to be more visually impressive, which each Pokémon game has attempted to improve (before anyone says the graphics are fine, GameFreak are always trying to make the attacks look better).

Years
  • i think a pokemon MMO would be the best idea ever and it i think it would sell millions...how cool would it be to pick a starting zone (Kanto, Jhoto, Shinnoh, Hoenn) along with ur starter pokemon and travel the world with ur friends. as for graphics something between 3d and animation would be kinda cool...something like World of Warcraft. its 3d but still has that cool cartoonish look...i think something like that would be what a pokemon MMO or Wii game should look like

Lipton106

Proud member of Team Rocket
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    Well, why should they not make a Pokemon MMO?

It would be nice with something different and oldies like me who started with Pokemon Red & Blue 11 years ago i m sure would appreciate a real 3D game with most of the features present in todays games.

But on the other hand, oldies like me also have to realize that Pokemon isn't made for our user group.. but i will still hope for something like an Pokemon MMO for the future=)

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i think people are just looking for something different from handheld games. all of them have been basically the same. while there are other spinoffs of them, the classic catch them all game is what people really want. personally i would like a pokemon mmo because it would hopefully give you more freedom to do what you want and not to mention the awesome pvp it would have

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    I think Psyburn nailed it, the 2d spirtes look boring as hell.

Plus, its kind of stupid to say pokemon would look better in 2d then 3d.. this aint chess, the game has environments, people, action etc. It would all look hellavalot better in 3d.
    But the question is.. if they tried, would they be able to pull it off?

fisheydude

Pokemon addict
    Years
  • PaulH said it perfect. I would love to see a game more like the ds games on a console. Colosseum and XD were good (I think) but I would like one with a couple of regions, roaming pokemon, berry planting, caves that are spooky, elite 4, and so on and so on. I don't see how you wouldn't want a game like that. I think it would sell millions too. *hint hint*

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • That's always the problem, isn't it?

It always will be. Just because it sounds good in mind, making it work is a pain in the arse. This is game development afterall.

Plus...you can't please everybody, but you should damn well try, or so help you if the majority absolutely hates your ish.

zerwey

:3
    Years
  • i think people are just looking for something different from handheld games. all of them have been basically the same. while there are other spinoffs of them, the classic catch them all game is what people really want. personally i would like a pokemon mmo because it would hopefully give you more freedom to do what you want and not to mention the awesome pvp it would have

Agreed...people want something different from what Nintendo's dishing out over and over.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    some people just dont get that it is the gameplay that matters, not the graphics and how many blades of grass the engine can render at once.

Back