• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I dont know how to put this...

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Eventually, some people grow out of pokemon. However, I have a learner's permit, and still find something quite addicting about it. Plus, in-game might be DESIGNED for kids (although if you ever play RBY you will find some quite adult things that people say (although some of them are just because they are somewhat scary) and some of the sprites and cries are pretty scary looking too.), competetive battle has some insane strategies no kid could ever get lucky to pull off.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    If someone asks me what I play I'l usualy say pokemon, but say it in a casual way like your not being afraid to say it.

saying it with hesitation makes them more eagar to jump on you.

if they ask why I usualy say childhood memories and/or any other reason to fit the situation.

Years
    I'm a junior in high school. I used to be afraid of what people would think if they knew I still played pokemon, but then I just decided not to care.

I brought my ds in school and played it and everything. not many other people in my class liked pokemon but they didn't give me any trouble either for playing it. after a while they wanted to play it too, so they were borrowing my ds all the time and playing it and stuff.

then heart gold and sould silver came out ... and all of a sudden like everyone in my school was playing it (it was at the time we had mcas testing, so people were playing after the test. or when nothing interesting was happening in class :))

you should get the game. johto was OUR generation, so the remakes are actually more for us then for the younger people. plus it's the best game of them all heh.

oh yeah one more thing. the show, that's for younger kids. the cards...eh. but the games are actually better for older people because the young kids don't get the whole thing. they don't understand the advanced stuff like ev's and iv's and competitive battling and even the actual meaning of what's happening right in front of them in the game. they don't make the connections and stuff

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    Glad to hear you bought HG, OP :) So worth it!

I totally supressed my Pokemon obsession for years because it wasn't cool. I got Emerald when it came out when I didn't realise that it wasn't the "in thing" to have anymore, and I was embarassed! I was 12 when it came out.

I stopped playing until D/P came out and then stole Pearl from my sister when she got it. That put me back onto Pokemon and I've been playing constantly since. And I ended up buying Diamond and Platinum lol

Most of my good friends play, but we don't trade or battle. We just talk extensively about teams/strategies when we're out in bars and stuff. We're super cool.

Back