• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen I found out where and how to get out of bounds in yellow w/o the safari trick, only using surf trick!

Years
  • Go to Bill's house. You know the pond 2 tiles away from the barrel, go there. from here, it gets INSANELY precise! Use your bike to ride under it, face the pond, do the surf glitch the same from here. For those that don't know, while you're still in the animation of facing at it, press and hold the start button. Save and reset. If you did it right, you'll still be facing up, instead of down. DON'T MOVE! Instead, use surf. You'll surf on the barrel below because the game thinks you're facing down. Now go down, and explore the small area. Don't worry! As long as you brought a pokemon with fly, you can leave without getting stuck because there's land to wander! Small secluded unaccessible otherwise land, but land! Notice the blank mountain tiles over the water, (XD)! And don't worry! No part of this freezes you're game! Every tile was programmed. Now, I discovered this one day cause I was just messing around and wondered if it would work, and it did!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I just tried this in Red, and it works there too. Nice find! I don't think you need the bike to make it work, though; I just did it by walking up towards the pond, saving, resetting, and executing the surf glitch. (For me, the timing was easier without the bike than with it.)

Are there other out-of-bounds areas where the tiles are fully-programmed like this? It seems like there are frequently a few out of bounds tiles with data, but then nothing beyond them.

Back