• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I found something to do with Giovanni on the official site

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    On the official HeartGold/SoulSilver website i came across something on Giovanni in the story section, it's all in japanese so i can't really understand it that well, but it mentions firered and leafgreen could the games be directly connected in some way?
    i've attached a pic of it.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    All I could decipher on my own knowledge was that Heart Gold and Soul Silver is placed 3 years after Fire Red and Leaf Green, then it says some stuff about the Team Rocket Boss and Red, that's all I could understand from that

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Its a known fact that as this is a remake of the sequel to a certain game that got remade(fr/lg are the games that are the remake)that the plot would of course be mentioned as team rocket in this game are trying to reform it and find Giovanni.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    People insist it's a remake of the original games. The semantic meaning behind this sorta means that HG/SS are a sequel to the remake where if it were a remake just to G/S it'd be merely a sequel to Red/Green. D;
    Exactly why things like the Sevii islands and silver being Giovanni's child would be added.

Terrain

|distinction.2009-15|
    Years
    People insist it's a remake of the original games. The semantic meaning behind this sorta means that HG/SS are a sequel to the remake where if it were a remake just to G/S it'd be merely a sequel to Red/Green. D;

And I'm guessing that probably means that the HG/SS storyline would continue the FR/LG storyline, instead of just recreating the G/S storyline.

I don't see much significant differences between the FR/LG storyline and the Red/Green one, though.
    And I didn't know that G/S was a sequel of Red/Green at all.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    And I'm guessing that probably means that the HG/SS storyline would continue the FR/LG storyline, instead of just recreating the G/S storyline.

I don't see much significant differences between the FR/LG storyline and the Red/Green one, though.
    And I didn't know that G/S was a sequel of Red/Green at all.
    Yes it had very little differences. Only one was the whole giovanni/silver thing but that was just a blurb from the fame checker. XD And I thought it was a given that g/s was a direct sequel with the whole 3 years thing.

Terrain

|distinction.2009-15|
    Years
    Yes it had very little differences. Only one was the whole giovanni/silver thing but that was just a blurb from the fame checker. XD And I thought it was a given that g/s was a direct sequel with the whole 3 years thing.
    Yeah, that I did not know. I guess I wasn't much of a Pokemon expert than what I thought I was. XD

Anyway, I see the point of using Giovanni to increase Silver's back story or that sort of thing in the game, though.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Oh no... This probably means they are going to use the FireRed/LeafGreen Red in Mt. Silver.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've always wondered where Giovanni was during the events of G/S/C, and now we'll probably find out, eh?

Terrain

|distinction.2009-15|
    Years
    I've always wondered where Giovanni was during the events of G/S/C, and now we'll probably find out, eh?
    I wasn't entirely aware of Giovanni's whereabouts in the G/S/C storyline either.

Now that you mention it, was Giovanni even there? I remember Team Rocket being there...but him..?
    I have a bad memory. D:

And Silver is still pretty mysterious.
    I apologize if this is off-topic, but was there any other proof that he was connected to Giovanni besides the FR/LG Fame Checker thing?

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    And Silver is still pretty mysterious.
    I apologize if this is off-topic, but was there any other proof that he was connected to Giovanni besides the FR/LG Fame Checker thing?

Well he was his son in the comics apparently.

And why do people insist on saying Red/Green? This isn't Japan...

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Giovanni? Epic win!

I honestly think that these are going to be the best games ever.

Ayselipera

I'm glad they're giving him a part in HG/SS.
    It looks like the storyline is going to be alot more in depth.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Unlike 3rd and 4th gen, 2nd gen was a direct sequell to 1st. Gen
    3rd and 4th gen are bearly connected to each other or 1st. and 2nd whose storys connect to each other...

Back