• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Got A Nintendo Ds Lite Yesterday! =)) With New Super Mario Bros!

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    For about $85 plus shipping, sure. I don't have the original receipt (since it wasn't originally mine).

If you can't find a place to repair for less than that, then I concede to this point. In this particular case, it would be worth it to spend money on a Lite (preferably used and under $100).

Really? Then, I must ask you, where did you buy your pants?

The pants I'm wearing currently used to belong to my older brother; I found them in my closet one day and liked how they fit. My other pants I'll often buy at Target or Wal-Mart.

Actually, my christmas money would be one and birthday money would be another. It would probably be on the same day, yes, but simply because that's how it's always worked for me before--I haven't found a Pokemon RPG yet that I didn't like, and I always try to get both so that I have all 3 starters right off the bat. Now, if I could RENT one, that would solve the problem, but sadly video game rental stores haven't tried to tap this gold mine yet (and I can't risk Gamefly due to the shady characters at our post office), so I simply don't have much of a choice. I might reconsider as more details are given, however, with Wi-fi officially in play...

Starting off with all three starters? You're really eliminating the tiny spark of challenge these games retain, man. I would still suggest my plan, but if you have the money to spend and can't find a better use, have at it, I suppose.

A "carrying case" doesn't solve the problem of forgetting/not having the stylus (what good is a briefcase to carry things if you keep forgetting the briefcase at home??).

I'm assuming you're not an idiot when I say make a carrying case. Hopefully I'm not wrong. Leave it with your DS and don't forget it. Keep them together, and you'll leave with them together. If by some infinitesimal chance your IQ plummets thirty points and you leave it behind, deal with it; use the original stylus.

Well, you could probably just go to your local Gamestop/EBgames/WE and find a display to try it there...

I'm not going all the way to a store to try a new handheld system. Just no.

Arcanine.

Right....

Brilliant reply, bud.

I did read it, unlike some people I read the whole post before replying.
    And I also don't care if you think I'm some nutcase for not liking books. The only books I like is guide books for games (my brother has The Lord of the Rings books and LOTR is my fav movies yet I don't want to read the books).

You did read my post or the series? Specify when you post, please. And seriously, Arcanine, you need to cool it. Nutcase? I was asking you to try something I thought you'd like. It's called being nice/polite/helpful, whichever you want. But hey, if you feel you need to be aggressive (maybe because you feel your arguments are not up to par?), go for it. Keep in mind we're talking about a handheld GAME SYSTEM. Nothing to get upset about.

Didn't I make it clear that I was pretty stupid when I bought my PSP? I'm sure I made that clear enough in my post.

I didn't see that. You very well might have, maybe I missed it.

This is how I always get when I'm trying to prove my point.
    Oh but it is. See I'm a Nintendo fanboy at heart (unless it coms to the GC, you could say it sucked, didn't have enough games, should have been better, all day long and I'd agree with you), I back up my stuff with facts and ideas, yet I still hate it when it someone puts down a Nintendo system without reason. And saying "You had to spend money on it" wasn't all that a good reason. It might be your opinion that it's a stupid buy, but I'll let the sells charts speak for themselves.

No, it's not. And get your facts straight. I said the Lite was better then the DS and it's a stupid buy if you already have a working DS. I don't find your attempt to simplify my reason ("You had to spend money on it") amusing; it's never respectful to leave out core ideas of your opponents reasons when restating them to make it seem weak.

The sell charts can speak for themselves all they want. That doesn't change my opinion, nor do I see how it would. Also, the Gamecube was my favorite of itself, Xbox, and PS2.

You spent $80-100 dollars (unless you got to used or as a gift) on a game system plus game(s), yet you couldn't buy a $5-10 dollar light for it?
    I know the size of an SP and GBA. Both are sitting right next to me. If the SP is closed then yes it's far smaller (and it being closed is what matters when taking it on the go, no one cares about the difference in the DS and DSLite when they're playing games). But when it's opened and being played then no it's not all that different (if you want I can take pics).

I have both, thanks. And yes, I was talking about when the SP is closed, since mobility only matters when I'm carrying it in a pocket or whatever, not playing. My gameboy advance was marred with numerous scratches and the prospect of a backlight was (for good reason) very inviting. I consider my purchase of an SP apt, though I don't recall whether it was a gift or not. Backlight. That is the single word you need to get out of this. GBA didn't have one, SP did.

Why should anyone buy The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest on the GC if they already got the normal Ocarina of Time (yes I know you got it via pre order of WW so don't even start, I've seen it for sell at EBGames)? It's just more or less the same with a few more things added. If Triffy or someone else bought it at EBGames are they stupid or spoiled for spending the $50 dollars to play Master Quest? Both the Lite and Master Quest is more or less the same as the first so why should anyone want to spend money on them?

I don't know the details of Master Quest. All I know if that it is harder. If it doesn't have any additional quests/graphical enhancements or whatnot, then I would certainly not consider it a brilliant purchase. But remember that Master Quest is a port of a spectacular game, some people no longer have (or can't use because of damage) an N64, and $50 is much less then $130. Plus the Lite is simply a medium to play games, and you can just use a DS instead of it. Master Quest is an actual game.

It's great on the 360, my brother got it last week. Just go get a 360 and Oblivion for that... never mind, don't reply to that because I know what you'll say.

360 = $400=500.
    Pimping Computer = $200-250.

Do you guys seriously want to keep debating this? I have better things to do…

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Nah, just one more thing:

Dactylus said:
    I'm assuming you're not an idiot when I say make a carrying case. Hopefully I'm not wrong. Leave it with your DS and don't forget it. Keep them together, and you'll leave with them together. If by some infinitesimal chance your IQ plummets thirty points and you leave it behind, deal with it; use the original stylus.

There's simple human error. IQ has little to do with it. People forget things; deal with it.

k.webb

noob
    Years
    well i dont think ive seen a thread like this thats ever been hot. congratulations on the thread and ds lite ..but i dont think any1 here cares?no offense (no defence either :laugh: )

Back