• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I got Pokerus!!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 19, 2005
    Yay! I got Pokerus but I'm not quite sure what it does. Can anyone help me here?

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • Ahh I forgot all about the Pokerus.. the last time I got it was from Yanma on Silver Version.. I got infected on my 3rd battle with it.. 1/20000 chance You'll get infected o.O Anyways it only lasts for a limited time, so make sure you spread it to you other pokemon, by depositing it with your other pokemon. ^_^ I think if it was already effected it keeps the effects of it even if it disappears. Only problem is u can no longer spread it.. (must get this is RU/SA) (also I think they stay affected as long as there still deposited, not a guarantee though) If I remember it lasted 4 days.. (it also has a few other effects, just need to mess around with it. ^_^)

~Blade~

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • isn't there a way to keep Pokerus or something by putting it in a box, and purposely infecting all of your other Pokemon and keep the 'virus' that way?

Macho brace + Pokerus = x4 EV ;p

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    isn't there a way to keep Pokerus or something by putting it in a box, and purposely infecting all of your other Pokemon and keep the 'virus' that way?

Macho brace + Pokerus = x4 EV ;p

Yeah that's what I mentioned in my other post.. I'm pretty sure as long as you keep infecting other pokemon, the virus can keep spreading for an unlimited time.. G/S/C the pokemon needed to be deposited to spread the virus, in RU/SA part PKMN can catch the virus, or from just depositing.. To keep this lasting keep a few that are infected at all times in a deposit box.
    I had to test this myself on my S/G/C versions, and it comes up with random effects at times. Now for RU/SA I think it'e nearly the same but I never got the PKRS in these games sooo I just go by what other's found out. Anyways one side-effect I liked was being immuned to some paralyzing attacks,and etc. Some people said the same happened to them, some said it dident, some said the PKRS dident work at all.. so there's still some things to learn.

~Blade~

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2004
    once you get it, let it spread to someone else in your party. then drop them in a box. i believe it lasts for 3 or so days, but that time doesnt count the time that they are in the box. so whenever you wanna do your ev training just bring out the infected pkmn, and let it spread the pokerus to the rest of your team. then just deposit your "pokerus slave" again. i usually keep at least 4 or 5 infected in the box just incase. probably don't need that many, i'm just paranoid about losing it o_0

BladeForever

[-+= Black Knight =+-]
    Years
  • Bagon said:
    once you get it, let it spread to someone else in your party. then drop them in a box. i believe it lasts for 3 or so days, but that time doesnt count the time that they are in the box. so whenever you wanna do your ev training just bring out the infected pkmn, and let it spread the pokerus to the rest of your team. then just deposit your "pokerus slave" again. i usually keep at least 4 or 5 infected in the box just incase. probably don't need that many, i'm just paranoid about losing it o_0

I dont blame you.. I still have my Arcanine, and Typholsion infected.. but I need to start spreading it for my own good. ^_^

~Blade~

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • it doesn't affect experience... only EV (2 different thing). That's the only purpose of it, but this one superior purpose is definitely enough.

I never understand what's so hot about shinies... most shinies are very very ugly... to me at least.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I heard that shineys have slightly higher stats in that particular pok?mon's strongest stat, but I doubt it somehow...

meh...Pok?rus can be preserved for forever if you deposit one of the infected pok?mon in the pok?mon storage system right? An infected pok?mon in your team will only have it for 3-4 days, but even with a Macho brace, that isn't quite long enough for me to complete my EV training...it sucks that it has to develop an immunity after those four days...why do they develop an immunity to something that's benignant to thier breeding?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • shiny doesn't affect stats at all... and in GSC being a shiny/certain gender hinders your stats.

And hey it forces you to pick up that gba and play it non stop to EV train at least ;p

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I got pokerus on my Blaziken from Latios..... I heard about it before it got infected so I was happy. I never knew how to spread it though, so now it's gone.

Febbie8

dOrK
    Years
  • i got pokerus form my cousins groudoun at the elite four he spread it to some of my pokemon when he borrowed them and i spread it to mine

if you porposely want to spread it will spread faster if you have the majority of your pokemon that you are holding with pokerus i did it on route 110. i had 3 pokerus pokemon and 3 i wanted to infect. then i just ran around if you see a wild pokemon run or if you want you can battle it and then check your pokemon and atleast one will have pokerus if when they dont have it anymore there will be a little period before there level that tells you they had it before

SKainuiG

Nomel Holds a Numel Berry
    Years
  • I'm wondering, seeing as there is time in the game, if you play with it and then it goes away, but then turn your game off and back on. Will you have it? Cause trees do that too me all the time it seems... I'll pick the berries, go on and then my batteries will die, when I turn it back on there's no berry tree there because it died already and didn't replant...

... now what are the chances of finding a poke rus infected shiny Chimecho...

Febbie8

dOrK
    Years
  • im not really sure what your talking about in the first one but your chances of finding a shiny chimecho are almost slim to none (BLUE ELECTIRIKE CoME OUT!!) but you can get a shiny one and infect it if you want

stinky cousin caught a blue electrike and didnt know it was shiny then he started his game over without trading it !!! :@

Back