• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I gotta question

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
    Why did they get rid of apricorns from the 2nd generation games and why did they get rid of the dive feature in the 3rd gen? Ive always wondered. I guess they did add more pokeballs in the 3rd and 4th gens but idk what do you think?

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
    I've been pondering that question as well. But them again the only person who can make pokemon "Kurt" lives in Johto.

Now for the Dive feature. I guess they didn't have space seing as they added Defog, Rock Climb

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
    huh...I guess that is true.. Its just kinda weird. but its ok I HATED the dive feature in the 3rd gen. But then again I hated the 3rd gen PERIOD. so im not complaining just wondering

JaggedMan

The Cheese Pokemon!
    Years
    You mean Nintendo got rid of the dive feature in 4th Gen. They invented it in 3rd. But the answer to your question is the popularity and coding that would make the games not work properly. the 4th Gen. already take quite a bit to save your game and doesn't need the dive option to slow the game down even more. But that's what I think of the reason for that. (sorry, I truly don't know, hopefully my guess was good enough)

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
    But if you think about the map also...The 3rd gen had tons of water and you had to surf a lot to get from place to place. You dont have to use surf that much in 4th gen...At least not as much as the 3rd

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
    Years
    I don't like to surf anyway. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to run into a wingull or tentacruel every 3 spots lol

3rd gen is ruby sappire and emerald.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Yeah, Hoenn is an island, right? A lot of the region is either near water or right on the water. There are more sea routes than any other gen so having Dive made sense (even if I don't know a soul who liked it). Other regions have mostly rivers or lakes for surfing and those aren't deep enough to use Dive like intended so there's no need for it.

As for apricorns, I guess they just cut out the middleman in other regions and sell the pokeballs themselves. :[ Maybe all quick balls, net balls, etc. are all imported from Johto and that's why you pay a premium on them, haha.

TentacruelZ

Tentacruel Rulez The Sea
    Years
    DIVE WAS AWESOME AND WHO EVER HATES DIVE DONT KNOW WHAT THERE MISSING OUT ON dive was awesome and a finding stuff underwater was awesome too and why they did cut dive from gen 4 lack of water?

Ayselipera

I always thought they just got rid of some features so they could try different features.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Hmm.. I think the only reason they had Dive do anything special in the 3rg gen was because of the storyline
    You needed it to get to Team Aqua and to get to Sootopolis... and that was about it

Back