• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] I have another issue to do with the starter choice

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Every time i go to pick up one of the 3 starters this error happens and crashes the game, how do i fix it? would appreciate any insight asap

Attachments

• Screenshot (74).png
      Screenshot (74).png
      154.6 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen yesterday
    Every time i go to pick up one of the 3 starters this error happens and crashes the game, how do i fix it? and also im having trouble with a the rival next to the professor not turning around to face up on the screen after i auto walk up to him, for some reason the rival will only turn around after the saying the dialogue "Gramps Im fed up with waiting!" and would then only after that would he proceed to turn up on the screen. So would appreciate if anyone could also help me fix that?
    That's a really old script call, even using a species number rather than a symbol.
    Pokemon.play_cry(:BULBASAUR) would do the trick, but likely you have many other issues than that.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    That's a really old script call, even using a species number rather than a symbol.
    Pokemon.play_cry(:BULBASAUR) would do the trick, but likely you have many other issues than that.
    well im gonna give it a try now and hope for the best havent been able to do anything else with the game because of all the issues the original lab brings

VEBDILY Your the best it worked and now im finished the lab for the time being!!

Scratch that now i have a different error when trying to nickname fml

Attachments

• Screenshot (79).png
      Screenshot (79).png
      130.4 KB · Views: 1
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen yesterday
    well im gonna give it a try now and hope for the best havent been able to do anything else with the game because of all the issues the original lab brings

VEBDILY Your the best it worked and now im finished the lab for the time being!!

Scratch that now i have a different error when trying to nickname fml
    Man did you download the Bootleg FireRed maps? That pack was made for v16, you have so much stuff to update.
    Here's a link to the wiki, but you have a job and a half ahead of you, to say the least.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2024
    Man did you download the Bootleg FireRed maps? That pack was made for v16, you have so much stuff to update.
    Here's a link to the wiki, but you have a job and a half ahead of you, to say the least.
    I am using the Bootleg stuff but thats only because the things ive found to do with scripting and code like your link to that wiki dont have the codes im looking for. Like now im stuck trying to get whatever starter the rival takes to stay disappeared on the table but it keeps coming back as soon as he turns around

and unfortunately every site i have come across hasent got a completely full tutorial for each type of feature

Back