• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I haven't really played this gen's Pokemon games and...

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    They are all really spectacular. Torchic will eventually evolve into Blaziken a quick kicking fire/fighting type. Mudkip will evolve into Swampret a most powerful water/ground Pokemon capable of squash many foes. Treeko is probably the worst of the three. It will evolve into Sceptile a quick grass type. It could be very strong if trained correctly. Follow your heart!

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    PokemonMstrSpiro said:
    They are all really spectacular. Torchic will eventually evolve into Blaziken a quick kicking fire/fighting type. Mudkip will evolve into Swampret a most powerful water/ground Pokemon capable of squash many foes. Treeko is probably the worst of the three. It will evolve into Sceptile a quick grass type. It could be very strong if trained correctly. Follow your heart!

Most people tend to go with Blaziken (torchic), because it looks cooler, and it's a lot more useful near the end of the game. But if you're looking for a good all-around pokemon, you might try Swampert (mudkip). Although Sceptile (Treecko) is excellent in the beginning of the game, it really doesn't play out as well usually unless you drool all over any pogey with false swipe (like me xD). But that's just my opinion, after all. You don't have to take my word for it.

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Well if you really can't decide then get a friend who has a copy of the game and trade over two of the starters, then get the third and trade the other two back so you'll have all three, thats what i did XD

~Yami_Zidane

Atemu

Two souls in one(bargain)
    Years
    Yami_Zidane said:
    Well if you really can't decide then get a friend who has a copy of the game and trade over two of the starters, then get the third and trade the other two back so you'll have all three, thats what i did XD

~Yami_Zidane

Yeah that's true but I personally prefer Torchic. Mudkip and Treeko are allright but against the elite four Torchic (by then Blaziken) is the best option.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Nope,According to Gamefaq's Treecko is the best one too choose cause when you think about he has the best attacks against nearly all the gym's anyway.

But meh What ever you choose they are all good in ways.So yeah.XD.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    Happy Dude said:
    Nope,According to Gamefaq's Treecko is the best one too choose cause when you think about he has the best attacks against nearly all the gym's anyway.

But meh What ever you choose they are all good in ways.So yeah.XD.
    Happy Dude Treecko doesn't do well against the elite four in ruby/saphire but it has to be extremely strong in Emerald against the Champ

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Yeah that's why i said most people.

But it doesn't matter really if you really need a strong pokemon you catch level 70 raquasa before e4.So yeah you will Samsh them anyway.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    Yeah i suppose it's not our chocie what he chooses.

Anyway i'm going to bed now it's 10pm over here.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    I like Blaziken myself. But whats real neat is that i color coordinate my starters by game

Ruby: Blaziken
    Sapphire: Swampert
    Emerald: Sceptile

It all depends on what you like.

Back