• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Is Artist? (Retribution's Sprite Gallery)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • Yup, another one. :D Decided to upload my newest sprites. If you want to see all of them, click here.

So, lets get this underway... :D

Fakémon Sprites
    Overused dithering is overused. :laugh: Meh, I like the backsprite. :D
    I like these. :D You can find the fornt sprites on my DeviantArt. Can't be bothered to post them. :P I think i improved the backsprites and posted them somewhere on the forum, not sure. :\
    Good ol' eel. Sprited the fron ages ago, went back to improve it, and made a backsprite too. :D
    It's meant to be a frog. :tired: Meh, I like it. :P It's uber happy! :D
    It's... a squid. :P

Trainer Sprites
    ->
    After years of practice, I know longer sprite bodybuilding little girls. :D

Icons
    First icon I made. I think it turned out alright! :D
    A blue potion.
    A red potion.
    A staff.
    Another type of staff.
    I Is Artist? (Retribution's Sprite Gallery) A standard money bag.
    A money bag with the dollar sign.

Post away! Don't forget good ol' constructive criticism! ;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I Is Artist? (Retribution's Sprite Gallery)

This is a good start to a sprite. Dithering aside, the shading could be improved a little. That outstretched arm shows three levels of shading, which is a good start, but it's positioning isn't how light would fall onto an arm, which is more or less a cylindrical object. The lightest level only extends halfway up the arm even though the entire arm would have the same level of shading, or highlighting as it is in this case. The kind of concentric shading it has is more appropriate to a spherical or rounded object.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I Is Artist? (Retribution's Sprite Gallery)

This is a good start to a sprite. Dithering aside, the shading could be improved a little. That outstretched arm shows three levels of shading, which is a good start, but it's positioning isn't how light would fall onto an arm, which is more or less a cylindrical object. The lightest level only extends halfway up the arm even though the entire arm would have the same level of shading, or highlighting as it is in this case. The kind of concentric shading it has is more appropriate to a spherical or rounded object.

Finally, a post! :P

Thanks for the tip. :) I'll edit the sprite when I get time. :D Also, the front sprite was made agea go, so that's why it is of a low quality. :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • I can't really offer a good explanation on how to change it, but I think the shading needs some work. Otherwise, they're all pretty good! Oh, and your last two sprites (the moneybag ones) are the same.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I can't really offer a good explanation on how to change it, but I think the shading needs some work. Otherwise, they're all pretty good! Oh, and your last two sprites (the moneybag ones) are the same.

Thanks for the heads up about the moneybag sprites. xD

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • UPDATE: Here are some of the icons, without black outlines. What do you think?

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • You're sprites are good, but I think you need you need to work on shading. Otherwise, I can't really notice anything bad about it. Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I love you I can not criticize anything are very good and I hope you continue with the sprites

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • UPDATE!

It's been aaaaaages since I updated. :S Anyway, continuing with my icons, here is a bow sprite. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • UPDATE!

It's been aaaaaages since I updated. :S Anyway, continuing with my icons, here is a Crossbow sprite. :)

I think that's called just a bow. Anyway, it's nice and simple, but perhaps you'd get the string to look better if you made it at a 45 degree angle so it wouldn't have that slight jaggedy look.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I think that's called just a bow. Anyway, it's nice and simple, but perhaps you'd get the string to look better if you made it at a 45 degree angle so it wouldn't have that slight jaggedy look.

I meant to say shortbow. xD *facepalm*

Thanks for the advice. I think it looks much better! :D

Back