• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen i just noticed this.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    lol, I thought it was Max too! It was kind of strange. i was playing the female character and wondering why she didn't say he was her brother.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I believe that when the Anime people decided to cast characters, they used sprites from the game as their ideas. The role of Max must have been though of by that kid. Oh, and I too thought it bore a keen resemblance to Max XD

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
    Hey... now that you mention it...

*goes to check*

It's a clone!!! O__O But then again, all similar trainers are clones.

Suz

Ta-daaa~!
    Years
    I wish I had R/S or L/G or silver or blah blah blah blah blah....

I only have yellow red and blue
    but I'm borowing gold

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Wow, I never really payed attention to any of those little details. I better next time.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah, didn't they do that with May as well? Maybe that's how they're going to do all of the future main characters now?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    mew42003 - Please don't write (message to short). A post must be at least 4 words and 25 characters long. Having lots of dots and (insert message here) is considered spam. Please don't do it again.

And May is the most obvious one that the anime nicked. They also steal the Gym Leaders... but they've always done that XD

Years
    But there's another resmblence in the Game Boy Colour games too. Red looks exactly like Ash and he even uses the same Pokemon as Ash. It's kinda creepy to think Nintendo made clones of everyone. Wait, that means they might've made one of me too.
    *Hides in a tree and takes pictures of Max clone*

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Red and Blue from GSC were exceptions. They took those characters from the anime and implemented them into the game. Although the anime took them from RBY... O_O This i so confusing. XD

Back