• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS Question] I just want to edit pokemon and trainers. Please help

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    There is a pokemon fangame where the PBS files are provided. I just want to change the base stats of certain pokemon to make them more competitively viable and also change the teams of trainers/Gym Leaders more challenging. I'm not even going to try changing the Ai to be more challenging, that's outside of my scope. But I've been looking around the internet for days trying to find some sort of guide or answer for this.

So far I have taken all the files (Audio, Data, Graphics, Fonts, PBS) and replaced the ones that were in Pokemon Essentials. The data files were not present in the Data folder in the main fangame files, they were in an RGSS Encrypted Archive which I used a program to decrypt them back into the RPGXP Data files, and placed those within the Data folder of Pkmn Essentials 20.1

I'm don't think this fangame was made with Essentials 20.1 so I'm not sure if that's why I'm having issues. When I try to playtest the game in RPGXP I get this error on startup.
    Spoiler:

What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way for me to achieve the desired goal of editing pokemons' base stats and trainers' party pokemon? I've literally been at this for days. I have zero scripting or programming knowledge. I want to create my own fan game eventually and figured learning how to edit basics like this would be something simple, but so far its been anything but and I can't find answers online so far. Is it because this game was made with a previous version of essentials? Any help would be great.

Last edited:
    Back