• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I make tags sometimes

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
  • old --> new

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

I make tags sometimes

have at 'em : )

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • So, I'm well aware that quite a few of these are from yonks ago you and your gaga/crayon spam phase, so I'll focus more on the newer ones.

Honestly, you've got a bit of rust. I'm not sure exactly how long you went without making a tag, but you just need to churn them out and get the rhythm again.

tested.png spikeispink.png
    These two have serious quality issues. Not sure if it's just the resources you are using lacking quality, or if it got irked in the adjustment layers, but it really detracts from the tag, especially tested.png.

riku4.png
    Can't tell how new thing one is, but you've got some quality issues on the stock itself. Also, the C4Ds and effects just feel random, don't really work with the flow and feel a little smothering and restrictive. Also, the colours (not including stock) are bit icky, especially those greens with the black.

Being harsh is part of my charm just so you know. :3
    But yeah, watch your quality primarily, the rest should come back fairly easily.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • I haven't made a tag in about 2 years. lol. most of the LQ issues can be fixed, since it's just separate layers that had been sharpened.

riku4 was a photo manip but I didn't really like it much either tbh. I just needed to do something.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • aigis-2.png
    This one (coloured skin) is really nice! I'd argue it's a little too white and bright, but the text and the effects are really good. Good choices on stock sizing and placement, I think any smaller would've made it unbearably bright, but you're getting away with it how you've done it.
    The colours are pretty good too, I might've made the skin a tad more saturated, just because it feels a little washed out against that white background.

serah.png
    I don't know what went up with this one, but you've got serious quality issues, especially all over the bow. Looks like you possibly smudged or put textures over it with low opacity or something, but it is looking really cloudy.
    I feel there's not enough going on either, the stock you chose probably isn't the easiest to work with, with this particular style, but there is very little blending and foreground effects. It does feel like a smudged background and then a stock placed on top, but I'm not really sure how you could overcome it using this stock. :S
    The lighting is a tad bright, but it works with the stock and the style, so it's alright. Would be good with a bit of text, though it might be a bit distracting given your stock covers so much of the canvas...

lightsoff.png
    Definitely much better smudging in this one. Also, good atmosphere and depth and colours are alright. Again, quality. It's a bit oversharpened and resulting in pixellation.

Just as some general tips for smudging, smudging is really impressive when you have heaps of details, and really solid, bold smudges. So using a solid brush, and starting with a big brush size and doing the main shapes, then going smaller and smaller and fine tuning and adding more details is the way to go. This allows you to get really strong flow, but also really appealing effects so it should be able to stand as a tag pretty much with just smudging as effects. Also, allows you to get nitty gritty with depth by picking different colour tones, and detailing and stuff.
    It is a lot more time consuming, but the result is much higher quality tags, and really vibrant and aesthetically good looking tags.

Keep it up! <3

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
  • serah.png: the stock on this one was crap quality to begin with. again, it was the first real "smudge only" tag I've done like, ever, so I expected that to be a little craptastic, especially given the stock: https://wfiles.brothersoft.com/f/f_s/final-fantasy-xiii-2-serah_104901-480x360.jpg maybe I'll try it again and just make it smaller to hide the quality... a bit.

lightsoff.png:
    I make tags sometimes

I made some edits to it, sharpening the bottom smudging just a tad and erasing the oversharpened parts a bit just to get more consistency.

unfortunately, I don't have the time to really sit down and dedicated a good chunk of my time to a nice looking smudge tag, so for now, you'll get mediocre ones :3

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • aigis-2.png - Hands down the best tag you've made. It's colorful, it's fun, and the text is pretty good. Watch out with the quality though. Make more like these. :)

lightsoff.png - I like the effects, and the lighting is intriguing, though it could benefit with another addition of color. The orange effects are a nice touch. Again, quality is pulling this tag down. @_@

KIU, mate :3

Back