• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~ I N T O T H E D A R K O [M] [IC] ~

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
    "I N T O T H E D A R K O"
    ~A Natural Phenomenon~
    IC Thread

Rated M
    (For Mature)

NO sign ups open!​

Plot.
    The roleplay is staged in the late 50s, in Fromville, Indiana, America. A tangent universe has been created, and its time is almost up. As the heroes, the Roleplayers will work together to find the artifacts and send them back to the Primary Universe. You will start the Rolelay at Chi Chi's Bar and Grill, located in downtown Fromvile. Your first post should end there, and an NPC will take things from there. The OOC Thread has more background to the Phenomenon.​

YOU.
    The date is October 1st, 1958. You are a human being between the ages of 14 and 20, a teenager. You enjoy living the life of a free American teenager in the changing tides, or maybe you don't. For one reason or another, you are in smallish town Fromville, Indiana. Maybe you live there? Visiting family? Studying abroad? Anything that would put you there for the month of October. Other than those things, your character can be whatever you want (I mean don't make yourself an aztec warrior or a viking because obviously that's a bit out of place historically). Bonus points for whoever makes the first Greaser.​

The area
    Fromville is a small town. Well, bigger than most small towns, but definitely not New York City. There are many suburbs surrounding the town, and various large houses adorn the center. In the center there is also an elementary school and a high school. (the elementary one goes up to 8th grade) There is also a fairly swell university there, the rightful named University of Fromville. They have a decent medical program and a good engineering program. Other fields are supported but not as popular. Within the "downtown" area, there are various stores and restaurants, including Chi Chi's. There is a Catholic Church and Private School downtown as well. Two hospitals, Blackwood and Fromville Regional Hospital, compete for business in this town. Most people (rather immaturely if you ask me) prefer one over the other, and even argue about which is better. Most people live in the suburbs, but there are a few apartment complexes in downtown.​

Rules!

1. Do not do anything major (plot wise) Without consulting me first. You can't just be like, "Oh, my character was fishing and she found the artifact in the water." That defeats the initial purpose of the rp.

2. No godmodding or bunnying without permission. That shiz be wack yo.

3. Obviously, follow all of PokeCommunity's Rules, and Follow all of the Roleplaying Corner Rules.

4. Even though this is rated M and there will be some violence and maybe some romance, don't be hacking off limbs randomly or getting it on with someone. Ain't nobody got time for that.​

Accepted Players

Spoiler:

----------------------------------------

IMPORTANT LINGO
    (more will be added as the story progresses)

MANIPULATED LIVING (ML) : Living people inside the Tangent Universe. They act normally, and do their usual thing. They just, sorta give the heroes subliminal messages and push them towards the artifacts. Basically they're the most common and normal manipulated force.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years

Ivan Zommer - October 1st, 1958. 11:47 A.M.

3 0 D A Y S R E M A I N

"Happy Early Birthday, Ivan!"

The exclamation confused me, "But it's not even close to my birthday yet?" Katerina squinted her eyes.

"Same month. Close enough," she replied stubbornly as she pulled me out of bed, "I got you an early present!" I suddenly woke up a little bit more.

"A present?"

"Yep! And truthfully," she admitted, "I only got it this early because I found a really good deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the very next person who saw it would have taken it." She led my to the living room, then put her hand over my eyes.

"No peeking," she giggled. I snatched her hand off my face.

"You're an ass." She giggled some more.

"Now now Ivan, don't be so frosted," she stopped me in the middle of the floor.

"Wait here," she said. She quickly retrieved something that make a sort of scratching sound on the floor as she dragged it.

"Mmmhmm." I responded, staying put. Finally, she sat me down on a bench, or stool.

"A chair? Is this my present?" I scoffed, sarcastically of course. Another chair is actually a nice thing to have. Now I can prop my feet up on my old one.

"No," she said, "I'm rolling my eyes. Be patient!" She grabbed my hands and tried to move them, but I locked them in place.

"Ugh," she groaned, "Let me move them!" I chuckled and loosened my arms. She lifted them up, forward, and down onto a smooth surface.

"What..." I said, trying to figure out what it was I was touching, when she suddenly pushed my hands down harder. A dissonant, off-key chord echoed through our nearly empty apartment. Shock covered my face as a smile undoubtedly crossed hers.

"It's a piano stupid," she said, "even you could learn to play the piano." I remained silent.

"What? Not good enough of a present for you?"

"N-no it's just...how did you afford this?" She "pfff'd" at me.

"I said I found a really good deal on it! It was free. Mrs. McBride, my school teacher, was getting rid of it. Said she was too old to play it or something that didn't make sense. So I took it."

"You took it or you stole it?"

"Rolling my eyes again. If its out on the street by the dump, its not stealing." She said, "If you want, I can take it back."

"No, no, no, I think we'll keep it," I said. I pushed a key. A note rang, resonating off of our walls. "Thank you," I said.

"No problem," replied Katerina, "I didn't really do a whole lot to get it, besides be in the right place at the right time." She paused. "Want to go get lunch?" I nodded.

"Yeah.I'll play this bad boy later."My sister probably rolled her eyes a third time.

~ ~ ~​

Chi Chi greeted us as we walked in the door with a loud, "Hey! My favorite Czechs!" It was supposed to be funny because we were the only Czechoslovakians in town. Well, besides my brother.

Katerina laughed, I gave him my best pity laugh. Chi Chi was really nice, but not as funny as he thinks he is.

"How are you Chich?" Katerina said, probably giving him a hug.

"Fine! Fine! Not many customers. Very slow today," he said, "But its like that every Wednesday. People are working too much." He came to me and shook my hand.

"Senior Ivan," he said with a chuckle. It was a nickname he gave me when we first met.

"Senior...?" he had asked the first time we ate here. Without thinking I said, "Ivan." Apparently he meant my last name, and giving him my first was hilarious.

"Hello Chi Chi," I said, sitting down in a booth. Katerina walked to the jukebox. She started playing Sinatra. It reminded me of when I first came to America, the sights and smells and sounds I heard that so greatly contrasted those I had heard on the Farm.

If I had it in my power
    I'd arrange for every girl to have your charm
    Then every minute, every hour
    Every boy would find what I've found in your arms​

I sighed. Those were the days I missed most.The first few when we moved here, before the charm wore off and everything faded to grey, both literally for me and metaphorically for my family. Sometimes, being blind seemed like a blessing. I never had to see my parents die, never had to see how happy everyone was around us. That's what I'd say if I were a poet, or optimist. But in truth, being blind just sucks. But whatever. It is not as if there's anything interesting happening in Fromville to see.

My muse was interrupted by a loud question. "What to drink?"

"Water."

"Cream Soda."

Chi Chi dotted notes as I listened to the sounds outside. Cars, people, dogs. Not much variation from day to day. I sighed again.

Chi Chi went back to the bar, whistling the tune as some other people came in.​

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

Niccolo Robinson, Lead Vocals of "We Make Our Own Music"

away away from me

Niccolo Robinson was too bored with his 10 A.M class. His professor, a balding guy of fifty-some with amazing facial hair, was ranting on about enthalpy and how it is the sum of the internal energy (By mass, remember this future engineers!) and pressure multiplied by the specific volume. Niccolo Robinson was copying down notes on his notebook, vaguely taking in any of the things he is writing. Enthalpy, piston, specific volume, steam tables. Blah blah blah. He is just waiting for 11:30 to come so that he can go leave the university and head straight for the bar just down the street. Every Wednesday, Niccolo and his band 'We Make Our Own Music' would play for the patrons of the bar for an hour and a half. Niccolo's next class would be at four in the afternoon (Fluid mechanics? BAH.) so it would be ample time to get some drinks from the bar and all.

"All right, I will see you on Friday. Solve sample problems 5:22-25 and turn them in before 5 pm tomorrow," the professor concluded, packing his bags and his chalk and walking out the door. Niccolo hastily placed his calculator, notebook, and ballpen inside his bag and rushed out.

~

"You're late!" Gerald Formal said as Niccolo arrived on the scene a few minutes late. He was short for a guy of nineteen but his blonde hair and baby-blue eyes gets the job done. The other members of their band, Patrick Chiu, the Asian genius on drums, Christina Wallace, the Latina beauty on bass, Timmy Harwall, the silent dude on piano, were already there.

"Sorry, Walrus took his time this time," Niccolo said. Walrus was the nickname he gave the Professor because of how all his hair went from head to his mustache. "Let's go. What shall we play?"

"Your call, Nick," Christina said, a little flirtatious. Niccolo and the girl had a thing in the past before the band started. It was a good thing that their relationship was not awkward afterwards as it would ruin the band.

"Well, how about 'Away?' Then we go down that playlist?" The band have different playlist starting with one of their better songs. Every now and then, they would make a new playlist. So far, they have four playlists.

"The first one? That's just fine," Patrick said with an accent. "Let's go inside?" The four of them entered through a door in the back. As they entered, Niccolo saw that the three others have set-up the equipment already. Chi Chi welcomed us.

"Playing now? There seemed to be few people around."

"Oh, don't worry Chi. They'll come soon enough. It's lunch time!" Gerald optimistically said. Every Wednesday, we would play and it would always be a few people and Chi watching us. "We'll manage."

The four of them took their places. Niccolo coughed into the microphone, getting everyone's attention. "Hello, We Make Our Own Music," he said, raising his hand. "Here is 'Away.'" Patrick started a beat with his cymbals.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

"It was the truth's wings that set you free
    It was the ground that imprisoned me
    Away, away, you flew from me
    The sky swallowing your entirety.

I was in a jail, strapped to a chair
    Watched you sail, missed you by the hair
    Away, away, you flew from me
    Left me stranded by the sea."

Niccolo was in his zone and nothing can stop him, nor his band.

(OOC: If anyone is interested for the beat, here it is. )

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    MIRREN

Mirren had started her shift early, even cut class to do so. It wasn't like the school thought it was important to teach them anyhow, they always got the crappy material, the leftovers. Why go to school if that's all they were going to get?

It wasn't as fast a day as it could've been in Chi Chi's. No, some of the days Mirren would work until her make up would start to sweat off and it was always a pain for her to reapply it. Today, she wore the typical waitress uniform, actually she kind of wore it everywhere. Wearing a handkerchief around her neck hid her otherwise noticeable Adam's Apple, which would also reveal her physical sex. Not that it wasn't guessable by her other physical features, even with the best makeup tricks some things were just impossible.

One of the few local bands started playing, and she heard Chi Chi asked her for to deliver a cream soda to a nearby table. It was one of the regulars, she never caught his name but she knew that he was here a lot. Not that she cared to know him, he was white and that's all she needed to know. Getting the proper glass, Mirren filled it with cream soda. It was gross, who actually liked cream soda? She carefully placed it on a tray and walked to the table that ordered it, like a pro waitress, well, at least Mirren considered herself one.

"Here's one cream soda, anything else I can get for you?" Mirren said in her typically false happy voice, as she placed the drink directly in front of the man. Whenever she spoke she automatically rose her voice a few octaves, being physically male and going through puberty meant certain changes she'd rather not have, like a deep voice.​

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years

Geoff Nvidia

"A little bit here, little bit there, no one will know the difference…"
    October 1st, 1958

Moving his head from side to side in perfect timing with the mop he now swung between his hands, wiping the tiled floor of the rather nice town university, Geoff began building up various schemes and plots he could use to gain entrance into the rather large sum of money held at the Fromville Bank. Each and every one he knew and understood that he could never get away with it, but enjoyed greatly the idea of doing so. A guy could definitely dream. However, he still had more floors to clean before his day was over, and mindlessly idling over the same patch of floor wouldn't do much to clean the rest of the university.

His cleaning was rather erratic, patchy even in some places, but to the university staff he was cheap, easy labour and they didn't have the hassle of dealing with him much. So long as they left him to do his job and he tried his best not to steal every chalk and pencil from the campus. Then again, there was added emphasis put on the word 'try'. So far today he had pocketed a dropped five dollar bill and a couple of pieces of chalk from a professor whom made his job difficult from time to time.

As the bells chimed incessantly, Geoff realised that this period's lectures were coming to a close, making his way swiftly to the end of the hall, lying in wait for a student to slip up and fall onto the floor he coincidentally forgot to set up warning signs for. Within minutes he heard the satisfying thump as a couple fell to their backsides, leaving Geoff to carry on with his chores at another location, snickering happily to himself.

Hours later and Geoff found himself walking into one of the only bars he had yet to be banned from; ChiChi's. He wasn't at all too fond of the rather diverse ethnic minorities that worked at the bar much less the band that seemed to consist of one flavour of each. Still, it was the only place he could get something to drink without too many of the people talking about him behind his back. They all believed he deserved to be in a mental hospital.

"Waiter!" Geoff cried out as he saw the darker skinned worker walk over to a table, cream soda balancing on the tray she held in front of her. He began fiddling with the small packets of salt that sat on the table as a way of keeping himself busy.​

Back