• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need a filler!!!

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    "Anything capable of taking special hits for your team, in order to give your team some survival or force a switch. Often walls have a health recovery move to give them lasting power. Blissey is an example of a special wall."
    Cradily doesn't fail at all. He asked for a special wall so I gave him one. That EV spread that I gave him with that nature gets him up to 260-268 Defense and 450 Special Defense(with decent IV's in both)with the SandStorm. And it has 378 HP. There's no way you can say that Cradily fails as a Special Wall. And it has a Recovering move so that adds another reason why Cradily doesn't fail. And besides, he asked for a Special Wall that doesn't take damage in a SandStorm. And most of the times, my Cradily forces a switch.
    Special Walls are supposed to take SPECIAL HITS!

Which Special/Physical Wall doesn't get ruined once it gets Toxic'ed??

Playa, c-dog is absolutely right. Just because it can take a hit, doesn't make it great. It must also do something back, at the very least. I'm not saying Cradily is bad, but it cannot do anything back to any of it's counters. Special walls are supposed to take special hits? Not only that, they must force switches as well. Having a body to take a hit is only good in stall teams, where Cradily shines. Romo should be informed that Blissey is great even in Sandstorm, nullifying it's Leftovers. It can force switches, and scare off attackers with Seismec Toss. All Cradily can do is take the hit. What will it do against Calm Minders? Let it set up?

And since Cradily doesn't have much in the offensive department, it also can't take a Toxic as well as, oh, say, Grumpig, or Blissey (despite her having Natural Cure)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Since most of the sandstorm resisting stuff that can take special attacks can't attack back, I would say to just ignore the SS factor, since Leftys gets rid of it. If u r really worried about sandstorm, you could replace Hippowdon with Gliscor or Forry as your physical wall. Since HP Ice Mixape runs through this anyways, I would put Cress in there as your sp. wall. Can strike back at Mixape with a nice Psychic, recovers with Moonlight, supports with reflect, and charge beam just means Psychic kills more.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    @Playa Hmmm. Blissey perhaps?

Garchomp wants Yache Berry to take ice attacks
    Also I'd go Swords Dance >> Stone Edge
    So Garchomp can already boost its great attack higher,
    Also, it depends on preference, but I run Fire Blast on my Garchomp,
    So instead of Bronzong and co. going olol, they sh** their pants.

Also I know it seems like a pain, but breed for the right natures/abilities
    (Pory-Z wants Timid >> Modest because of NP and Hera wants Guts or it's epic rape for it) Natures/Abilities can make all the difference in a close battle, it would suck to lose cause your Hera didn't have enough power to kill the last poke, or your Porygon couldn't kill whatever.

Suggestion:
    If you really want to get the most out of Porygon-Z I'd recommend putting HP Fighting over T-Bolt/Ice Beam so DDTar doesn't go olol and own him. Also, if you're running into Blissey troubles, a NP Hyper beam OHKO's Standard Blissey

Moving on, Milotic is an alright Spec. Wall
    but its not really reliable,
    so I'd recommend a Blissey:

Blissey@Leftovers
    Careful (or is it Bold?)
    252 Def/80 Sp.Atk/172 HP
    Softboiled
    Aromatherapy/T-Wave/Toxic
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled go olol I meant Seismic Toss

This Blissey OHKO's Standard Garchomp and isn't that just awesome?

or if you really want the SS resit, SpecsLucario
    lol he is a good special sweeper.

Lucario@Choice Specs
    Steadfast
    Modest
    4 Def/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
    Aura Sphere
    Vaccum Wave
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    HP Ice/Dragon Pulse

This thing rapes walls that come in expecting SDLuke,
    and just owns in general.

So yeah there's my take on this,
    of course I'm a little new to RMT
    so what do I know?

It's Calm on Blissey. Bold is outdated, and Careful reduces Special Attack...

Beginnings

thx tom-san for banner/avvy
    Years
    Oh, my bad, so yea if you run Calm on Blissey you should be good.
    I'm not really a fan of Hippowdon, because MixApe runs through it w/ Grass Knot
    I'd recommend:

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
    Earthquake
    Roost
    Ice Fang/Aerial Ace (Ice Fang 2HKO's Garchomp)
    Stealth Rock/Knock Off/Taunt

Straight off of Smogon.
    or you could try:
    TankTerra

Torterra@Leftovers
    Impish
    212 HP/252 Def/44 Spe
    Wood Hammer
    Earthquake/Stone Edge
    Leech Seed
    Stealth Rock/Protect

Yea, its 4x SE from HP Ice, but not many MixApes run this on Wi-Fi, it's more on Shoddy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    bronzong with levitate would make a pretty good special wall actually(resistant to SS!). kind of a dual wall but you can make it specialize in sp.def more.

@toxic ruining most walls: that's why blissey is still the most OU wall around, and why most snorlax have immunity instead of thick fat. bronzong being steel is also immune to toxic. rest is always an option on walls just to get rid of status.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    @Playa Hmmm. Blissey perhaps?

Garchomp wants Yache Berry to take ice attacks
    Also I'd go Swords Dance >> Stone Edge
    So Garchomp can already boost its great attack higher,
    Also, it depends on preference, but I run Fire Blast on my Garchomp,
    So instead of Bronzong and co. going olol, they sh** their pants.

Also I know it seems like a pain, but breed for the right natures/abilities
    (Pory-Z wants Timid >> Modest because of NP and Hera wants Guts or it's epic rape for it) Natures/Abilities can make all the difference in a close battle, it would suck to lose cause your Hera didn't have enough power to kill the last poke, or your Porygon couldn't kill whatever.

Suggestion:
    If you really want to get the most out of Porygon-Z I'd recommend putting HP Fighting over T-Bolt/Ice Beam so DDTar doesn't go olol and own him. Also, if you're running into Blissey troubles, a NP Hyper beam OHKO's Standard Blissey

Moving on, Milotic is an alright Spec. Wall
    but its not really reliable,
    so I'd recommend a Blissey:

Blissey@Leftovers
    Careful (or is it Bold?)
    252 Def/80 Sp.Atk/172 HP
    Softboiled
    Aromatherapy/T-Wave/Toxic
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled go olol I meant Seismic Toss

This Blissey OHKO's Standard Garchomp and isn't that just awesome?

or if you really want the SS resit, SpecsLucario
    lol he is a good special sweeper.

Lucario@Choice Specs
    Steadfast
    Modest
    4 Def/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
    Aura Sphere
    Vaccum Wave
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    HP Ice/Dragon Pulse

This thing rapes walls that come in expecting SDLuke,
    and just owns in general.

So yeah there's my take on this,
    of course I'm a little new to RMT
    so what do I know?

Blissey doesn't kill Garchomp. I purposely didn't want Blissey on my team because (I'm going to get a lot of hell for this) they're too easy to kill. Yes I said it. Sure it has a lot of HP but a base 10 defense stat is just unbelievably terrible. Garchomp OHKOs it with EQ or Outrage. Heracross and Machamp both spit in its face and fighting attacks in general are just too popular nowadays. The only fighting attacks Blissey can take are focus blast and Aura sphere. ANd even then, a strong Focus blast from Infernape or a strong aura sphere from Lucario still leaves a dent in it.

Beginnings

Years
    Lol, thats why no one keeps in Blissey against those guys and switches to the specific counters,

eg. If you're expecting a fighting move switch out in gengar, if you're expecting a chomp atk, switch into your wall, who keeps a blissey in against a physical sweeper anyway? lol.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    bronzong with levitate would make a pretty good special wall actually(resistant to SS!). kind of a dual wall but you can make it specialize in sp.def more.

@toxic ruining most walls: that's why blissey is still the most OU wall around, and why most snorlax have immunity instead of thick fat. bronzong being steel is also immune to toxic. rest is always an option on walls just to get rid of status.

As is the case with most threads these days, I say htat Zong is more of a special tank, not a wall. Zong can ake hits from both sides, and idsh out some nice Gyro Ball, Explosion, and Psychic(which noone uses), and beats out Bliss in a Stall war if it ahs Gyro Ball/ EQ.

Also, wat u said about Snorlax isnt true. Most Snorlax sets carry Thick Fat for resist on Fire and Ice, that way they can come in on a CB Weavile Ice Punch/ Shard or a Mixape Flamethrower and barely get dented. Rest is agood option, but only with sleep talk, which limitsthe rest of your moveset.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Lol, thats why no one keeps in Blissey against those guys and switches to the specific counters,

eg. If you're expecting a fighting move switch out in gengar, if you're expecting a chomp atk, switch into your wall, who keeps a blissey in against a physical sweeper anyway? lol.

Well actually, I thought of an interesting moveset that works best for Infernape and Lucario. It works best as a Blissey/Snorlax counter

Infernape @ Life Orb
    176 sp.atk/252 spd/80 atk
    Mild/Rash nature

-Nasty Plot
    -Grassknot
    -flamethrower
    -Close Combat

OR

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Mild/Rash Nature

-Calm Mind
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Aura Sphere
    -Close Combat

The point of both of these movesets (it works best if you know for sure that there is a Blissey or Snorlax on the team) is to catch your oponent off guard. Switch in Lucario or Infernape, start setting up your calm mind or nasty plot, as soon as one is set up, your opponent will assume that the ape or luke is a Special sweeper, and switch in Blissey or Snorlax and when that happens, simply hit it with an STAB boosted Close Combat. I'm not sure about Snorlax, but an STAB boosted close combat from either Lucario or Infernape is more than enough to OHKO Blissey. Since most teams rely on only Blissey for Special Walling, you can now proceed to sweep the rest of your opponents team.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    As is the case with most threads these days, I say htat Zong is more of a special tank, not a wall. Zong can ake hits from both sides, and idsh out some nice Gyro Ball, Explosion, and Psychic(which noone uses), and beats out Bliss in a Stall war if it ahs Gyro Ball/ EQ.

Also, wat u said about Snorlax isnt true. Most Snorlax sets carry Thick Fat for resist on Fire and Ice, that way they can come in on a CB Weavile Ice Punch/ Shard or a Mixape Flamethrower and barely get dented. Rest is agood option, but only with sleep talk, which limitsthe rest of your moveset.

snorlax does not enjoy switching into physical attacks like weavile and mixape and get brick break/close combat on its fat tummy. gives it tummyaches you know. i still go with immunity just because having resistance to like 2 types really isn't worth being immune to toxic, which could ruin it. the only time i would do it is to take advantage of the fact people wouldn't try to poison it thinking they'd be wasting a turn because snorlax has immunity when in fact it has thick fat.

@lucario and infernape: yeah they're pretty good at taking down blissey and snorlax. i still remember the exciting around infernape with its ability to destroy skarm bliss, the most formidable tandem in advanced gen.

that's part of the reason why cresselia is favored on some teams.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    snorlax does not enjoy switching into physical attacks like weavile and mixape and get brick break/close combat on its fat tummy. gives it tummyaches you know. i still go with immunity just because having resistance to like 2 types really isn't worth being immune to toxic, which could ruin it. the only time i would do it is to take advantage of the fact people wouldn't try to poison it thinking they'd be wasting a turn because snorlax has immunity when in fact it has thick fat.

@lucario and infernape: yeah they're pretty good at taking down blissey and snorlax. i still remember the exciting around infernape with its ability to destroy skarm bliss, the most formidable tandem in advanced gen.

that's part of the reason why cresselia is favored on some teams.

I never said, that lax would switch ino a BB/CC, which is plain stupid, but w/e.

toxic doesnt ruin lax at all unless u forgot to put rest on it. Sleep Talk Lax makes a very effective wall, as it can hit most types besides steel without NFE(not very effective) drop. Immunity rlly doesn;t do anything for u. Since most ppl expectu to either carry CB Lax or the Resttalker, they wonlt Toxic you and either attack/ switch out.

Since most teams rely on only Blissey for Special Walling, you can now proceed to sweep the rest of your opponents team

Although this is true, a lot of teams also have someone to tank in case the wall goes. I do, at least.

Beginnings

Years
    Well actually, I thought of an interesting moveset that works best for Infernape and Lucario. It works best as a Blissey/Snorlax counter

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Mild/Rash nature

-Nasty Plot
    -Grassknot
    -flamethrower
    -Close Combat

OR

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Mild/Rash Nature

-Calm Mind
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Aura Sphere
    -Close Combat

The point of both of these movesets (it works best if you know for sure that there is a Blissey or Snorlax on the team) is to catch your oponent off guard. Switch in Lucario or Infernape, start setting up your calm mind or nasty plot, as soon as one is set up, your opponent will assume that the ape or luke is a Special sweeper, and switch in Blissey or Snorlax and when that happens, simply hit it with an STAB boosted Close Combat. I'm not sure about Snorlax, but an STAB boosted close combat from either Lucario or Infernape is more than enough to OHKO Blissey. Since most teams rely on only Blissey for Special Walling, you can now proceed to sweep the rest of your opponents team.
    @ above quote
    I'm sorry, but I must go olol

1st of all EVERYONE knows MixApes set only someone who knows very little about competitive battling, would put blissey/snorlax into a STAB boosted Close Combat

2nd Honestly, the "trickery" isn't needed, calm mind is just wasting a slot where SD should be, because Lucario can run through most things anyway after a SD doesn't really matter what comes in. Also NO aura sphere, it's a special attack and unless your runnig SpecsLuke completley pointless as well as DragonPulse, Lucario needs:

Lucario@LifeOrb
    Inner Focus
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Extreme Speed
    Crunch/Stone Edge

Straight off of smogon, Crunch if you're having trouble with psychics and ghosts, stone edge for everything else.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Agreed. I was gonna say somthin about it, but it usually comes it wrong to toehr ppl, and sims or some1 elsecomes in and says wtf was that post.

Also, 75% of mixapes i see carry HP Ice, HP Elctric, or Stone Edge, so tat set rlly isnt used anymore. It's prett much a template now, with NP, CC, and Flamethrower in definitely, with the Grass Knot Slot optional.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    It isn't that, it's just your post don't seem fully thought out. I just happen to be in the thread, & see it.

More importanly, Begginings is right. Only a fool would leave Blissey to take a CC. Stop focusing on her weaknesses, when her stregnths more than make up for it.

Back