• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] I need help with changing some stuff on Pokemon Emerald base rom

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2023
    Could I get som help wtih how to change what the "Are you a boy or a girl", and I would also like some help on how to remove the truck event at the start of a new game.

If someone could help me with these, i would be so happy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2023
    Thanks for recommending the gen 3 editor, but I couldn't edit what the "Are you a girl or boy" said, I could just remove it.

I want the options to be choosing between an evil guy, or a good guy. Not a boy or a girl

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Thanks for recommending the gen 3 editor, but I couldn't edit what the "Are you a girl or boy" said, I could just remove it.

I want the options to be choosing between an evil guy, or a good guy. Not a boy or a girl

You'll have to change the literal text, in that case, which will require some hex.

Back