• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] i need help with this, some how my friend keep getting this error. when i gave him the game. and it didnt give me this problem before...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2021
    [Pokemon Essentials Version 18.1]
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Value 568 not defined by a constant in PBSpecies

Backtrace:
    Compiler:810:in `getConstantName'
    PSystem_FileUtilities:204:in `pbCheckPokemoniconFiles'
    PSystem_FileUtilities:202:in `each'
    PSystem_FileUtilities:202:in `pbCheckPokemoniconFiles'
    PSystem_FileUtilities:191:in `each'
    PSystem_FileUtilities:191:in `pbCheckPokemoniconFiles'
    PSystem_FileUtilities:158:in`pbPokemonIconFile
    Pokemon_Sprites:132:in `pokemon='
    Pokemon_Sprites:97:in `Initialize'
    Pscreen_load:173:in `new'

please get to me as soon as possible....

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2021
    The error states where said error is coming from. Check the specified lines in the file(s) that the error said.

but when i checked the errors.. everything was normal on my half. i looked at another script file and it still the same. idk how my friend got that error if i was the one that made the game and didnt see the error. then i gave it to him

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2021
    Can we see Pokemon 568 in your friends PBSpecies file?

2020-12-09.jpg

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Has your friend played other Pokemon Essentials fangames before? If so then the game might be trying to load the save of another game because you have not renamed your game. Try going to Game -> Change Title at the top of your editor, then send the newly renamed your game to your friend (and don't just rename the project folder or zip because that won't do anything).

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • It almost sounds like your friend's computer is missing the necessary files for it to run.

I may be wrong, though.

-- Ouch, is that a huge scratch on that screen? 😬

Back