• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I need help!!??!?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • 2 words for you young man: false swipe

Refer to the FAQ to see a detailed guide about Rayquaza.

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
  • Frost Weaver Ive seen u reply to how to catch pokemon, and u always say false swipe. I havent seen the move in action and i dont have a sabeley, i have a ruby. What does false swipe do?

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • it is a move that always leave a Pokemon at 1 hp... it's your best friend at capturing a Pokemon ^^ It's a normal type move, with 40 PP and base 40 power.

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
  • i usually use super fang for legendaries. but if you dont have the superfanger ie raticate, then false swipe would be an option... and Rayquaza is on lv 70, how can it be sooo easy for you to defeat? try to use "not very" effective moves when his health gets low

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    How it's so easy to defeat? Two words: Ice Beam. Any Dragon with Flying as a 2nd type is easily killed by Ice Beam.

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
  • demonchaos916 said:
    How it's so easy to defeat? Two words: Ice Beam. Any Dragon with Flying as a 2nd type is easily killed by Ice Beam.
    then just dont use ice attacks.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • the problem is that Rayquaza's defense sucks in its natural state (well relatively compare to your super pumped up lvl 100 beings who are fully trained with EV)... the only way that Rayquaza can survive is still false swipe. When your'e higher level than your opponent, almost any attack can OHKO the opponent, as long as this is ingame ;p

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • In Ruby you can catch Zangoose, which naturally learn False Swipe. Alternatively, if your starter is Treecko, one of his evolutions naturally learns FS as well.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • best choice is still Shedinja. Shedinja with protect and false swipe takes down Rayquaza rather very easily. The only way it can kill you is fly, so protect on the right time. It does take more patience that way, but it's safe.

Another method is just to save in front of Rayquaza, and just put it to sleep. Then, use a high power move that blows Rayquaza all the way down to red, and throw balls at it continously.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Then you're probably lucky or something...Ice Beam usually OKHO's any Dragon/Flying type if there isn't a major level difference. And that's only a 10 level difference...which isn't much.

Back