• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] i need help

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    So i'm practicing before I decide to tackle making a real game, so what I am doing is taking the normal fire red ROM and going through adding all gen1-3 pokemon into the game, replacing the starters, and I want to change the intro's words and some of the characters words and insert some new characters. after some messing around I have managed to do most of this fairly easily, but I am terrible at scripting. so my question is, besides XSE what other program would make scripting what people say easier? and how would I change what professor oak says at the beginning? I tried using A-text but apparently the version I found on here has a Trojan in it and my anti virus won't let it install -.-
    OH! and I also haven't figured out how to edit trainer's pokemon teams either :/

Last edited:

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    You really need practice, XSE is the more stable way to make scripts, and particularly the most easy. There's no way beyond that, you really need to learn.
    Let's check this tutorial.
    About the A Text you need to disable your antivirus.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    You really need practice, XSE is the more stable way to make scripts, and particularly the most easy. There's no way beyond that, you really need to learn.
    Let's check this tutorial.
    About the A Text you need to disable your antivirus.
    so I am now able to extract a test without it being blocked, but when I try to open the application it says "a file is missing" even though I got the file from this site? -.- and maybe you can answer this, when I use advance map i'm trying to open the script it says "script editor not found" what do I need to make that work? and yes I know I need practice, that's why im trying to learn right now lol

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    The most beginner-friendly tool to use would be PKSV. It has built-in script generators for incredible convenience, and supports just as much offsets as XSE. A nice tutorial can be found here.

A reliable website for downloading A-Text: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/427/. Make sure you know how to register the necessary .ocx files first.

PET and A-Trainer are both good choices for editing teams of other trainers. If you're referring to your own team, then a simple givecommand scripting would suffice.

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    so I am now able to extract a test without it being blocked, but when I try to open the application it says "a file is missing" even though I got the file from this site? -.- and maybe you can answer this, when I use advance map i'm trying to open the script it says "script editor not found" what do I need to make that work? and yes I know I need practice, that's why im trying to learn right now lol
    You need to open libraryfiles to install ocx files in your PC if I'm not mistaken you need to install Microsoft .NET Framework in your PC. And about the script editor not found you need do to this: Settings > Choose script editor and select XSE.exe.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    The most beginner-friendly tool to use would be PKSV. It has built-in script generators for incredible convenience, and supports just as much offsets as XSE. A nice tutorial can be found here.

A reliable website for downloading A-Text: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/427/. Make sure you know how to register the necessary .ocx files first.

PET and A-Trainer are both good choices for editing teams of other trainers. If you're referring to your own team, then a simple givecommand scripting would suffice.
    thanks for the help, so far I've been trying to use the tools I found here https://www.pokemonhackersonline.co...Gen-3-Tool-Pack-XSE-A-Trainer-A-Map-tons-more and it's been hit and miss on how useful some things are and the good ones like A-trainer and A-text don't work lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    You need to open libraryfiles to install ocx files in your PC if I'm not mistaken you need to install Microsoft .NET Framework in your PC. And about the script editor not found you need do to this: Settings > Choose script editor and select XSE.exe.
    yeah my download had a bunch of ocx files that came with it, and it came with the libraryfiles thing and when I installed what it said to it didn't change anything but give me a desktop shortcut for testing my pc speed -.-

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    yeah my download had a bunch of ocx files that came with it, and it came with the libraryfiles thing and when I installed what it said to it didn't change anything but give me a desktop shortcut for testing my pc speed -.-
    Try to download this pack with all tools you'll need for rom hacking.

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    this is the pack I've been using actually lol
    Oh sorry, try it in another PC. Maybe your PC have a virus that corrupts all files you clicking, I've had this problem and it's really annoying... This problem is unique to your PC. Format your PC, use another PC or do another download and try again.
    I cannot help you anymore because I know nothing about your PC, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    Oh sorry, try it in another PC. Maybe your PC have a virus that corrupts all files you clicking, I've had this problem and it's really annoying... This problem is unique to your PC. Format your PC, use another PC or do another download and try again.
    I cannot help you anymore because I know nothing about your PC, sorry.
    hmmm I think the root of all my problems is because McAfee is blocking what it considers Trojans in the downloads. and for some reason it's not giving me the option to let them through like it normally does :/

Back