• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] I need help

rubenturen

Also Known as: Canned Brain
Years
  • Ok I need some help with a few things. Here they are.
    Info:I am using emerald

1.i want to know how to display any trainer sprite(battle sprite) that I want to
    Just like the script showpokepic

2.i'm looking for a way to make hm moves deletable

3.i also want to expand the bags

There may come more things I need help with in the future
    So please come and look here again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    This is tricky, and might involve hex coding.
    Anytime you involve editing sprites you're using hex, look up a video tutorial of that, I assume you're new to this.

As far as making HMs deletable, you'll have to use a program, there are so many programs for gen 3 out there that can edit moves, not just what is learned at what level and tms, but also the move itself and what it does.

Pokemon Game Editor (PGE) is a common one.
    Gen 3 Tools (G3T) is pretty underrated, but it's definitely usable for this.

Bag Expansion - This is a very common feature in gen 3 rom hacks, youtube is out there, try it, I personally like the limitations on bags because it makes you handle your items with caution, not to buy random stuff but to know what it is doing, bag expansion can be done though.

I know this isn't very elaborate but if I were to type it all out it'd be too long to where you wouldnt want to read it. In short:
    Youtube bag expansion and sprite editing using hex coding.
    Poke around for tools that will modify moves themselves, I listed a few above.

rubenturen

Also Known as: Canned Brain
    Years
  • This is tricky, and might involve hex coding.
    Anytime you involve editing sprites you're using hex, look up a video tutorial of that, I assume you're new to this.

As far as making HMs deletable, you'll have to use a program, there are so many programs for gen 3 out there that can edit moves, not just what is learned at what level and tms, but also the move itself and what it does.

Pokemon Game Editor (PGE) is a common one.
    Gen 3 Tools (G3T) is pretty underrated, but it's definitely usable for this.

Bag Expansion - This is a very common feature in gen 3 rom hacks, youtube is out there, try it, I personally like the limitations on bags because it makes you handle your items with caution, not to buy random stuff but to know what it is doing, bag expansion can be done though.

I know this isn't very elaborate but if I were to type it all out it'd be too long to where you wouldnt want to read it. In short:
    Youtube bag expansion and sprite editing using hex coding.
    Poke around for tools that will modify moves themselves, I listed a few above.

Thx.
    1. I think that you misunderstood the first one I want to display the full trainer sprite on screen like the showpokesprite script or the mugshots

2.tutorial pls. I don't know how to use pge to do that

3.will you pls link a video to how to expand the bag
    (Oh and a little question do all the bag slots(like:pokeballs,berries,key items,tms and hms)share space)

Back