• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need How to change OverWorldSprite!

Blacktuna13

Blacktuna13
    Years
    Hello! I am the creator of the Japanese romhack "Pocket Monster Delta".
    I want to change the OverWorldSprite for my romhack, but I can't change it properly due to lack of information.
    Does anyone have any information or HowTo's they would like to share?

Specifically, what I'm looking for is how to change the size of the OverWorldSprite.
    For example, the main character's sprite is 16*32 in the vanilla rom, but I want to change it to 32*32.
    I've tried NamelessSpriteEditor, OverWorldManager, and many others, but although I can import 32*32 images, I can only see 16*32 images when displaying them. The collapsed image in the center of the screenshot is the main character's image that I imported, but as you can see, it's not displaying properly.
    I need How to change OverWorldSprite!

How can I display a 32*32 sprite?

Years
    I think you can use Hex Maniac to change the size, though I haven't tried it myself.

There's a box with information on the sprite, including the size, when you look at the overworld sprites. You can change the information in there and see if that lets you import a bigger sprite.

Blacktuna13

Blacktuna13
    Years
    Thanks for the info!
    I looked up HexManiac and found a binary editor called HexManiacAdvance, is that it?
    I downloaded it right away, but I don't know how to use it at all because I'm not good at English.
    If you can tell me how to use it, please let me know.

Back