• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] I need some assistance with a sprite I edited.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
Hi all,

so I've been making a sprite of the first Gym Leader for my hack. To make it apparent to everyone, I have little to no experience in sprite work. Something of this caliber is the biggest sprite project I've done, haha.

So anyway, I've gotten Brock's battle sprite and made miscellaneous edits to it, such as things like adding Bill's hand gesture in his FireRed battle-sprite to it. I wiped most of Brock's face off and started adding in my own eyes and facial expressions. The problem is I'm horrible at it and I don't know how to properly pull off the eyes that fits the art-style of FireRed.

Are there any ways I could improve the sprite? I intend to keep his lower body and his hair the same for now, but I mostly want feedback on his face and what I can do to make it look nicer on the eyes. (pun not intended)

Attachments

• Me!.PNG
    Me!.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
It honestly looks fine to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe darken up the colors a touch. It's truly fantastic if this is your first foray into spriting ngl.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
Years
Thankyou for your kind words! I'll darken the colours up, but where do you reckon I should darken the colours at? For clarification on the colours of where I'm placing the sprite, it's in FireRed with original tilesets.

Back