• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need some therapy... ;_;

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I am like a social failure in real life.

I don't know how to make friends, is scared to say hi, doesn't know how to leap into conversations... et cetera.

I'm also scared of rejection.

I'm scared that what if I say hi and they don't say hi back? What if they ignore me? What if... I'm looked upon as an idiot?

I know this may seem silly, but I'm scared.

Help... ;_;

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Lol, you're scared to succeed

My coach told us about it earlier, you're too scared of the bad things that can happen that you just don't jump in to succeed. Don't be scared, everyone gets rejected at one point or another, just try and be friendly, you'll find some good friends

Quast2

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 23, 2005
    Personally, I don't see why you feel any need to have a social life. You'll probably do much better in school and everything else if you don't. Granted, it will be less fun.

However, if you must, I don't think you will make many friends by just "jumping" in to conversations. It might just make you seem annoying.

Real friends wouldn't force themselves to talk to the other person. They would probably just come together naturally.

I suggest you just be yourself -- if you're not a gregarious person, don't try to be.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Be yourself! I see your posts here and although they don't judge your irl life accurately, you can talk freely here to, can't you? Just be confident in what you can do, since everyone has the right to say 'hello' to other people. Once people find out who you really are, you'll get comfortable with them...cuz that's what friends are for. ^__~

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I'll try... =D Thanks everyone. But would it be strange if I've suddenly started talking to this person who I've kinda tried to move away?? o.o; *is confused*

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Maybe you can start casually? [and hope the person didn't realize you were trying to move away from them...o.o;] Just like, be yourself...=] And it also depends on this person.

Quast2

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 23, 2005
    Miyu-chan said:
    I'll try... =D Thanks everyone. But would it be strange if I've suddenly started talking to this person who I've kinda tried to move away?? o.o; *is confused*

I really don't think you should make moves on anyone so they can be your friend.

Friendship just happen....they aren't forced into being.

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I'm not forcing anyone... Just trying to make conversation maybe... o.o;

How can you tell when a person is your friend? xD;

I've been isolated too long from the US... I got all freaked out when I saw people hugging. They don't do that where I used to live... o.o;

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:

I don't know how to make friends, is scared to say hi, doesn't know how to leap into conversations... et cetera.

I'm scared that what if I say hi and they don't say hi back? What if they ignore me? What if... I'm looked upon as an idiot?

Help... ;_;
    Awww *hugs* there there.....
    I too, have this problem...
    honestely, I dont have many friends in real life today because I dont know how to start conversations...
    I'm sure you have friends in real life! why dont you start off with them? if you want to make new friends, why dont you ask them to introduce you to their friends?
    just think about things that are going on in your life if you wanna start a conversation...if you want any help, just message me ^_^ I'l be right here

paige pelletier

Fruits Basket (Furba) fan
    Years
  • I don't have that many friends by choice my Dad was in the army so we were kinda moving alot but now he is retierd so I have to make more friends. I think it is good to have a few close friends because you don't forget their names as easy XD. But my real advice would be to be yourself it is better that way because real friends except you.

Dark Dragonite

Vote for me!!
    Years
    • Age 20
    • PC
    • Seen Jul 29, 2005
    Don't worry about rejection I'm rude Outgoing and i got lots of friends.trust me it works.
    Don't worry about what others think.just do what you want to do.If you are trying to uild a rep just throw it away and do what you want.thats what i do.and i have alot of friends and friendly aquiantices.
    Also being funny and layed back helps.I may not have many friens here but i got tons in realife so what I said should get you friends to.good luck.

Tsukasa

KWR
    Years
  • Well you can do what i do, and make friends in sports ^_^, but that'll make u seem like a tom-boy unless your cool with that, but i suggest sitting down at a random person's lunch table and start a conversation, thats wat i used to do when i was 10 and 11, but now i just make them in sports, maybe if u ride a bus to school, and your waiting for the bus at the bus stop, then maybe if u saw some 1 who u would like to be friends with, u could start a conversation or something

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • Everyone needs a social life! Alright, when you want friends and stuff, you can't be shy and quiet and wallflower-ish. Try to be noticed, and people might talk to you.

Drakken

Hungry O_O
    Years
    • Age 33
    • SC
    • Seen Feb 16, 2008
    ye arent the only one..
    Im just a social mishap, a total disaster O_o
    Im shy too..
    oh! and the theropy.
    well if yer gonna need theropy, then I sure as heck will need it
    cause my mom is gonna make me see a shrink O-o
    aww jus try not to let humans intimadate ye ^^ I know tis hard..

Shinin

Banned
    Years
  • This is happening to me too because I built a bad reputation in elementary school... I have some friends, but not the kind of friend you would hang out with after school or go to their parties or stuff like that...

NiNGi's Worst Nightmare

*sparkle sparkle*
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:

Help... ;_;
    You're a social falure? That's nothing! I'm a pure failure! I'm just like that, AND I haven't done anything right since first grade!

By the way, this is made to make you feel better by knowing there are people like me WAY worse off than you.

Lady Pearl

Nyago-chan ish sleeping~!
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:

Help... ;_;
    Aww; don't worry, Miyu! I'm here to help! ^_~

Well, I'm such a failure, also. I wouldn't say I'm the worst of the worst but my life is not so joyful. At my first school, I was outgoing and super friendly but currently, I'm too dull and I do not speak any words unless I must because of the teacher. I don't have any friends; not one but my family. People tell me why I don't talk but that convinces me to not talk. >< I hate ignoring people but I can't stop, either.

Like the others said, be yourself and enjoy your life. Friends like you for who you are, not for what you look like (only the unpure friends look at you for that) or how popular you are. You should make friends with the nicest people that want to make friends with you. They'll surely not ignore you, if not, they aren't the nicest. This'll help with rejection, too. You should be able to think of your family as your friends and your family's friends as your friends, too. Those kinds of people are the only kind I've had a friendship with. ^^ It'll be even better if someone shared your religion, language, or interest. That's an easy way for friendship. Don't be afraid to speak your mind, but only say positive things, as negatives might get you into trouble. I've hoped this will help you. If not, you can send me a PM and I'll try to write something else to help you. ^^

~ Lady Pearl

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I'm shy too Miyu-chan ^^, but when it comes to making friends you just have to take a chance, because you will always have the question in the back of your mind, "Was it the right choice to say what I did, or not say anything at all?".

Also if you are worried about others view on you (like I am), just try to start a conversation about anything,so people get the imression that your an interesting person to talk to, so it dousn't make it look like you are trying too hard to make friends ^^'.

Back