• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need some tips on drawing Eeveelutions.

Zarude

Self-Certified Comma Abuser
Years
I really want to improve my drawing skill.
I am not rally proud of it and trying to find my style and things.
I also need some tips on drawing animal bodies.
I have made a full body Eevee yesterday, and I know I used the circle tool, but i'm still learning.
I have also drew an unfinished Glaceon.
One of my friends draws Eeveelutions pretty good imo and I may or may not be jealous.
I also need some help on ears, idk why but I am really bad at drawing them.
Please, assist me!

(That attachment is the Eevee I drew yesterday)

Attachments

• Eevee.png
    Eevee.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 10
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
First, don't be jealous. Everyone starts somewhere and you've got nothing to be ashamed of! Flaunt that Eevee with pride! :)

Second, work on actual sketching! I understand the appeal of using the circle tool, but that's doing the work for you. If you really want to improve, you should begin by learning to do these basic steps on your own. The more of your own hand you use to create, the more adept it will become. Plus, the criticisms will be better, imo. Begin with drawing a skeletal frame and add more detail as you go.

Third, use lots and lots of references! If you're looking to draw Eevee at a more complicated angle or from a different perspective, then look up how the Pokémon anime has been drawing Eevee for the past 20 years. With that kind of history there's bound to be a reference for every pose! Doing this will help you with the ears and how they are placed on the head, plus give you a better understanding of Eevee anatomy.

Lastly, what illustration program are you using?

Zarude

Self-Certified Comma Abuser
Years
First, don't be jealous. Everyone starts somewhere and you've got nothing to be ashamed of! Flaunt that Eevee with pride! :)

Second, work on actual sketching! I understand the appeal of using the circle tool, but that's doing the work for you. If you really want to improve, you should begin by learning to do these basic steps on your own. The more of your own hand you use to create, the more adept it will become. Plus, the criticisms will be better, imo. Begin with drawing a skeletal frame and add more detail as you go.

Third, use lots and lots of references! If you're looking to draw Eevee at a more complicated angle or from a different perspective, then look up how the Pokémon anime has been drawing Eevee for the past 20 years. With that kind of history there's bound to be a reference for every pose! Doing this will help you with the ears and how they are placed on the head, plus give you a better understanding of Eevee anatomy.

Lastly, what illustration program are you using?

So sorry for the late reply! I used GIMP to make that Eevee.
I usually use paper and pencil.
That Glaceon drawing I mentioned was made with paper and pencil.

Last edited:
Back